Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:20 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello everyone,
my daily wear is now an Apple Watch 4 (and for the past 3 years a series 1) and my Aerospace Avantage/Co Pilot seldom gets worn. It lives in the drawer of my winder with my wife’s Colt Oceane ... and we both have had the issue when we have come to wear it, batteries on the way out or flat.

BUK now charges an eye-watering amount to do very little intervention to change the battery (£140 and £95 for the Aerospace/co-pilot), and I have just had an almighty row with them over my Aerospace ... it went in for a full overhaul in late 2017 and both watch and co-pilot batteries lasted less than 2 years. Sent it in and they claimed the watch had never been in to them before for work (so what are the stamps in my warranty book then) and they sent me a pro-forma invoice for over £700 of work ‘required’. Anyhow, cut a long story short, after getting a bit shouty, they agreed that “something had gone seriously wrong” with their processes and procedures and they would sort it out for me as a gesture of goodwill - they basically redid the overhaul!

So, I decided I would get shot of all of my quartz battery Breitlings ... can’t take a joke, shouldn’t have joined eh? Roll forward, been offered a B55 Exospace at a good price, brand new.

Now, I’m interested because theoretically (possible firmware issues aside) I won’t ‘need’ to get BUK to change the batteries every couple of years.

My questions ... all the B55 Exospace I’ve seen appear to have BLUE hands with the Titanium case ... the one offered has silver hands ... can’t find any info on the Breitling site about whether hand colour was an option. Does anyone know?

Also, does anyone know the bezel protector number for the B55 ... as per, the darned AD has taken it off and it’s been bunged in a box with loads of others and he doesn’t want to hunt through to find one that fits. If I had the number I could get him to locate it in the box.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:49 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Not a direct answer, with apologies, but your experiences with Aerospace servicing - which mirror mine - really would keep me away from a B55.