The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:22 pm 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
I went with my youngest son to the Apple Store to take a look, and low and behold they had the Apple Watch on display. I have to say it much nicer than I first expected. I think I would get a stainless model just for the gadgetry. Very cool. I think it's much nicer than my brothers Samsung, however I only messed around with it for a few minutes. I could still see myself getting one eventually, but I guess that's the Apple fanboy in me speaking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:32 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
I think these will take off, perhaps not in the first generation but over the next 3-5 years they are just bound to get a following.

I have to admit I really do fancy one. If go for the sport purely for price.

Jrpippen

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:39 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 4 posts
Mercury2wo wrote:
I scoffed at the notion that the Apple Watch will eat into the market share of high end Swiss Watches. I could understand how the Apple watch will eat up sales of lower end Swiss watches and the Casios of the world and also how it would appeal to a whole generation of "I don't wear a watch" people, but from the rate Tag, Breitling and now apparently Rolex is joining the race- https://api.watchville.co/v2/posts/15645/click

I am not sure if I can scoff anymore.
I will definitely buy the Apple Watch. I am a huge fan of all things Apple and would even queue up to buy an Apple Brick (smooth curves and industrial grade aluminum, it sets beautifully on the desk and will change the way we use paperweights forever) , I am not sure how I would give up wearing my beloved Breitling, Panerai watches. So I am not sure how I would integrate the Apple watch I to my daily life, but I will definitely get one.

that article is an april fools joke check the date.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:42 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 4 posts
Driver8 wrote:
@Zak and Roff - funnily enough that was exactly what I said when the iPad came out - "it's a solution to a problem I don't have". For me the iPad has ended up becoming a very nice thing to have : not an essential by any stretch, but a nice thing nonetheless. That's kind of how I see the Apple Watch will be - just a nice thing to have in addition to a traditional watch (or watches!). Obviously you do have to be bought into the whole "Apple thing" (which I am, sadly), but I bet it's going to be a massive success.

I thought that the ipad would change the world when I saw it. I mean it's basically the end of paper and keyboards and etc. I look at the apple watch and think, "this is what a tyrannical government will one-day mandate (except it would be wirelessy charged everywhere, water proof, etc)".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:27 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 27 posts
This is not a watch, it's a portable mini computer that happens to come with a wrist band, and can give time among other things. My guess is marketing boffins had to call it "Apple Watch" not to alienate potential buyers.

We would need to invent a name for it. I don't know... eeerm, Compuwrist? Wrister? iWrist? iGo ?... Any ideas folks? :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:59 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 12 posts
VicLeChic wrote:
This is not a watch, it's a portable mini computer that happens to come with a wrist band, and can give time among other things. My guess is marketing boffins had to call it "Apple Watch" not to alienate potential buyers.

We would need to invent a name for it. I don't know... eeerm, Compuwrist? Wrister? iWrist? iGo ?... Any ideas folks? :P

A bit like a Breitling Navitimer then? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:11 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
Stefan Tapp wrote:
VicLeChic wrote:

A bit like a Breitling Navitimer then? :roll:

Yes, but a navitimer does not need to sync with the grandfather clock in the hallway to download a lot of different information. Lol

Speaking of which, has anyone seen anybody wearing an apple watch yet? I am still to see my first. . Beginning to think it's all a dream.

How about iPod. Thats a good name.

"You have Control".

Stefan Tapp likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:01 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 271 posts
It's design is too gooey for me.. too unisex.. they tried to hit a bigger target group i understant that, it's marketing, but it's too swatch in my opinion, especially for the price tag. And the battery life LOL - it must be a joke... charge it 2-3 times a day.. thank you, but no thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:31 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 17 posts
Reading these posts I just remembered. I bought a watch strap for one of my previous generation iPods. It could show the time (when you put it on clock permanently). It also held lots of music and lots of my personal photos. I wore it once or twice and never again

Ling ling