Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Enjoying the moment
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:51 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 62 posts
I quit listing my watches in the signature line some time back. There's certainly no requirement, most of us don't, but its nice to see what people have. You never know when a question can come up from someone looking at a watch like yours.

Today, after a couple of weeks with my latest purchase, the Ball Trainmaster, it occurred to me that I have pretty much all the bases covered to my liking. I actually went a day without checking WatchRecon, then another. I'm happy with everything I have. That will change, of course. As I just posted to JLee, I'm hopeless with this little compulsion too. However, the present watch budget is fully spoken for, and I'm happy where it is. So, to commemorate this fleeting moment of budget-based contentment, the list of watches is going back up. It has to have been a year since I did that. A FULL YEAR.

Everybody is in a different place, or on the way there. I was in the reduced-collection camp for a while, then the budget shrunk, then grew. Might I go back there? Sure, just looking at that Royal Oak brings back fond memories. I loved owning a Breguet. There are a couple out there I still NEED to own someday. But, as the story book says, this has all happened before and it will happen again. Still, there's much to be said for enjoying the moment, wherever you are. For now, for a little while anyway, I'm enjoying it enough to put the mechanical watch collection back up on the board.

Oh, and by the way, how do you make a picture small enough to change the avatar? I have completely forgotten how I got mine up there and need to change it.

AP Royal Oak 15400, silver
Zenith Chronomaster El Primero Classic Cars
Vintage gold Corum
Rolex DJ 36 TT, oyster dial, oyster/smooth
Baume & Mercier Riviera 200m, silver dial/aquamarine bezel
Breitling Superocean 57, rose/stainless

Post subject: Re: Enjoying the moment
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:06 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Good for you Scott, and that seems like a very well balanced collection.

Post subject: Re: Enjoying the moment
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:37 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
Scott wrote:
I quit listing my watches in the signature line some time back. There's certainly no requirement, most of us don't, but its nice to see what people have. You never know when a question can come up from someone looking at a watch like yours.

Today, after a couple of weeks with my latest purchase, the Ball Trainmaster, it occurred to me that I have pretty much all the bases covered to my liking. I actually went a day without checking WatchRecon, then another. I'm happy with everything I have. That will change, of course. As I just posted to JLee, I'm hopeless with this little compulsion too. However, the present watch budget is fully spoken for, and I'm happy where it is. So, to commemorate this fleeting moment of budget-based contentment, the list of watches is going back up. It has to have been a year since I did that. A FULL YEAR.

Everybody is in a different place, or on the way there. I was in the reduced-collection camp for a while, then the budget shrunk, then grew. Might I go back there? Sure, just looking at that Royal Oak brings back fond memories. I loved owning a Breguet. There are a couple out there I still NEED to own someday. But, as the story book says, this has all happened before and it will happen again. Still, there's much to be said for enjoying the moment, wherever you are. For now, for a little while anyway, I'm enjoying it enough to put the mechanical watch collection back up on the board.

Oh, and by the way, how do you make a picture small enough to change the avatar? I have completely forgotten how I got mine up there and need to change it.

hey scott glad you're happy with what you have right now. its always nice when the itch doesn't strike.

in terms of your avatar you need to resize it on somewhere like photo bucket. then just load the file from the bsource control panel