Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My GO Family...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:07 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 1719 posts
Next to Breitling, I'm a big fan of GO. Thought I'd go ahead and share some photos...

First up is the Seventies Chronograph. The blue on this dial is truly amazing. GO makes fantastic bracelets, and the integrated bracelet on this piece is beautiful, comfortable, and can be adjusted at the push of a button on the clasp. I love the way that the power reserve indicator is integrated into the sub-seconds dial. Also love how the chrono hours window takes the place of a more traditional sub-dial, which allows the dial to keep a bi-compax look. This one's a flyback -- another neat feature...

Next up is the Sixties Iconic. This one is part of a limited edition, with only 25 pieces for each of the five different dials. GO's press at the time of the release noted that this particular brown dial was made using the decades-old equipment from GO's dial manufactory. One other dial in this series was made using this method -- the gray dial with the water splatter effect (which was also used on the recent green dial annual issue).

GO followed the Sixties Iconic release with the release of the Sixties Iconic Square series -- again limited to 25 pieces in each dial color. I feel very lucky to have been able to secure one of the green dial versions -- only three of these were released in the U.S. It is impossible to overstate how beautiful this dial is -- photos can't really capture how stunning this one looks in real life.

And, here's the view from the back...

Wrapping up the group is the Senator Chronograph. There have been some interesting versions of this model, but I like this one the best. It is the Capital Edition -- a limited edition of 100 pieces -- and I love the unique color combos presented here. It's definitely something different for GO...

And, from the back...

There you have it. Would love to see other GO's that folks here might care to share. :wink:

6 people like this post.
 Post subject: Re: My GO Family...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:31 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
All of them are superb Jim! I looked at the Sixties Iconic Square myself - I liked all the colours except the grey, but your green one and the red versions were my favourite. Many congrats for managing to snag one!

Site Moderator

Moana43 likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:11 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 335 posts
Ditto what Mario said, Jim. :bow: What an absolutley GOrgeous collection!! Thank you so much for sharing! :!: :!:

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery "Flow" or... 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

Moana43 likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:35 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Driver8 wrote:
All of them are superb Jim! I looked at the Sixties Iconic Square myself - I liked all the colours except the grey, but your green one and the red versions were my favourite. Many congrats for managing to snag one!

Thanks, Driver! Once I saw the press release for the Sixties Iconic Series, I was hooked. Loved the look of the cushion case — and the green dial blew me away. By the time I started to try to track one down, one of the green dials in the US had already been sold! Persistence paid off, though, and I was able to snag one of the remaining two. Makes me smile every time I wear it! :wink:

O2AFAC67 likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:37 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

O2AFAC67 wrote:
What an absolutley GOrgeous collection!!

I see what you did there, Ron! :lol:

Thanks for the nice comment, my friend :)

O2AFAC67 likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:15 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
Every single one of those pieces is stunning!!! I share your affinity for GO. I think they make some of the most beautiful pieces of any brand. What they do is unique including many of their dial treatments. And they have excellent in-house movements. And their finishing is top-notch for the price point. There are many many pieces by them I would love to have in my collection.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Moana43 likes this post.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:35 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

natesen wrote:
Every single one of those pieces is stunning!!! I share your affinity for GO. I think they make some of the most beautiful pieces of any brand. What they do is unique including many of their dial treatments. And they have excellent in-house movements. And their finishing is top-notch for the price point. There are many many pieces by them I would love to have in my collection.

Thanks, natesen. I know you're a fellow GO fan. :wink:

Looking forward to what's coming down the pike at Baselworld!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:01 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 408 posts
Moana43 wrote:
natesen wrote:

Thanks, natesen. I know you're a fellow GO fan. :wink:

Looking forward to what's coming down the pike at Baselworld!
So am I! They always do such unique things with their dials that I always look forward to their releases. The only thing that sucks is how difficult and rare a lot of those unique pieces are to get your hands on. And you have quite a few of those pieces that I'm referring to in your collection! Haha.

They are one of the few Brands who are not afraid to explore colors and textures. And the way they do it always looks classy and amazing which is difficult as colored dials can look really bad and cheap if not done properly.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:31 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

natesen wrote:
So am I! They always do such unique things with their dials that I always look forward to their releases. The only thing that sucks is how difficult and rare a lot of those unique pieces are to get your hands on. And you have quite a few of those pieces that I'm referring to in your collection! Haha.

They are one of the few Brands who are not afraid to explore colors and textures. And the way they do it always looks classy and amazing which is difficult as colored dials can look really bad and cheap if not done properly.

I have to say, I find GO's dials to be uniformly stunning, and the fact that they own their own dial manufactory is a big plus. The story behind the work that went into the dials of the Sixties Iconic and Sixties Iconic Square series is really something -- a very intensive process.

As far as what's ahead -- I know that, each year going forward, GO now intends to issue a new "annual" version of the Sixties series that will remain in production for only one year. This past year's version was the Sixties model that combined the green color from the Sixties Iconic Square with the "splatter" pattern imprint that was used on the gray dial versions of both the Sixties Iconic and Sixties Iconic offerings. It should be interesting to see what's on tap for the coming year!