The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:41 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I actually joined a couple years ago. Guess I should get 'round to the introdutions. I currently keep the bits flowing over the glass for higher academentia down here in the Sunshine State. My entré into the world of Breitling came as wee sprat when I found a broken Navitimer in my dad's dresser drawer. I obsessed over that watch for years and years, and when Dad passed away I rescued it along with a few other choice timepieces from an ignominious end in the county landfill (though, out of fairness to Mom, she probably wouldn't have thrown away the Glycine :D ) . Only just now, after a couple of decades of heart palpitations at 1) finding a reliable horologist up to the task of a complete mechanical rebuild *without* altering the appearance of the case or dial beyond cleaning, and 2) talking the wife 'round to the sticker-shock price of DOING the work, I have deposited the battered old relic of a better vanished time with the fine folks at Orlando Watch* (who handled beautifully Dad's much less battered but equally nonfunctional 1960s Airman). The worthies at the workbench were all watch-geek-ing over the prospect of having an honest to God Venus 178 to play with. :lol: They said to expect the watch back sometime early this summer. I guess after 20 years I can wait another few months! 8)

* - I have had a few folks ask me why I didn't just do to work myself, to which I answered I've only been on the inside of one mechanical watch in my life and a straightforward automatic is nowhere NEAR as intimidating as the 178. I mean look at it, column wheel chrono? This thing is on a whole 'nother level! :shock: I'm nowhere NEAR up to THIS task! As Lt. Callahan said, "A man's got to know his limitations." :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:02 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
Nice introduction, welcome aboard.
Please post before and after photos, when your Navi arrives from the spa.