It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hello from Texas
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:50 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 2 posts
Hello,

I've been collecting watches for some time, largely mid-century to late 70s and rarely a three-hand. Most familiar with Omegas of this period, but branching out as of late. I have my eye on one or two Breitlings with complications of interest to me, so I look forward to creeping through this site.

I'm here for the learn.

Speaking of the learn: I've read what I believe are the rules posts, yet still have not noticed how to PM members. Am I correct to assume there is some minimum post limit, or other authorization before a new member may PM? Apologies if I've missed an obvious instruction on this somewhere, but this forum's format is new to me and I'm otherwise sometimes accused of missing the trees for the forest.

Best,
cvalue13

2 people like this post.
 Post subject: Re: Hello from Texas
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:16 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Welcome aboard. The vintage forums here are an excellent resource with lots of knowledgeable guys if you fancy getting into vintage Breitlings.

There's no minimum post limit to PM a member, and you can do so one of three ways. Firstly (and the easiest way ) is to find a post in any thread by the member you want to PM, and then click the "pm" button at the bottom of their post. The second way is to click the "new messages" link next to the "Logout" link at the top left of the screen, the click the "compose message" link on the left-hand side and enter the members name in the "username" field before clicking "Add [to]". You can then type your message. The last way is to click the "Members" link under the Google search on the top right of the screen. Then click "find a member" on the far right and enter the username you want. The user's record will appear at the bottom of the screen and you can then click the "pm" button next to their name on the far right. :thumbsup:

Site Moderator

WatchFred likes this post.