It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hello from Atlanta, Ga
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:14 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 2 posts
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I’m Sam, a paramedic and ambulance service owner from Georgia. I’ve been a Breitling fan for over 30 years now and finally FINALLY own my first and have my second on the way. My first is a 42 mm Chrono Superocean in stainless, cream face and blue dials with a gorgeous new 131A polished stainless band (in fact it’s the watch pictured as the example of the line of Superoceans here) AND I have a Breitling for Bentley B50 in Black Titanium and Mother of Pearl with a black titanium band on the way to me as we speak.

It’s kind of neat how I picked out my first one. I’ve always worn half way decent watches... eco-drives and such. Mine last one had gotten pretty beat up and I saw a new one in the gift shop of the cruise ship I was just on (just got back from an Alaskan Cruise with my lady and her parents). So, I bought myself the Blue Angels edition of the Citizen Eco-Drive as a treat while on the ship. But while in port in Ketchikan I saw the most beautiful Chrono Superocean at the jewelers and i just fell in love with the color and the look. My passion for Breitlings had been renewed. Especially after trying it on. But I couldn’t convince myself to spend the $4200 on the price tag (even at an offered 0% interest for 24 months). So I decided to be happy with my new Citizen and head home. But I couldn’t get that Superocean off my mind. Or Breitlings in general for that matter. I found myself browsing the different jewelers showcases and checking the online watch dealers and no one had the color I liked in stock. Crown and Caliber was close - and I went all the way through with a purchase there before backing out after figuring out I’d be spending a few hundred more on links to make it fit and it wasn’t the color I wanted anyway. Then I found it. Pristine condition- like new - no scratches, marks, perfect in a pawn shop in Mississippi (how odd) and the price was too good to be true - so I made a even more ridiculous low ball offer and they took it! The only problem was again the band was too small. So I started my search for a new band and after about a week found one new in Breitling wrapper with tags for a again unbelievable price. So, I wound up with my dream watch in nicer condition than the one at the jewelers for less than half price! I was so excited I needed a watch box for the start of my new collection. I got the box and then felt bad that my Chrono Superocean 42 was the only Breitling in the box. So I turned around and immediately spent over seven grand on my second Breitling. The B50 described above. Heh. Oh well. I’ve wanted one my whole adult life. Now I have two and I’m looking for my third. I just love them. Either an Emergency II or a rose Gold Chronomat 44 is next.

I tried to add more pictures... but they are all too high a resolution...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:48 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Welcome aboard. Nice pair of pieces you have there too.

Site Moderator