Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:56 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi folks,
I decided to buy myself a quality watch. My usual wear is either the iPhone or Swiss Army. After spending a week soaking up the info on this site and a few others, I began shopping and realized I was in over my head/wallet. I gave up a couple of times realizing that I could probably never afford a watch with the features I wanted. Then a Craigslist ad (web site) caught my eye and was about 100 km away so I drove up, armed with my notes with respect to counterfeit v authentic features to be mindful of.

I made sure I had a flow chart of how I would respond if I was unsure of anything. Fortunately, all indicators were favorable and I was able to buy a previously owned 2004 A10350 in 95% condition for a competitive price. Original box and papers accompanied the watch as well as having been serviced 2 weeks prior. The owner was a Federal Express pilot who indicated it just sat unused most of the time as he is hard on watches and didn't want to risk scratching it.

This will satisfy me until I am able to add a Breitling with chrono features which is what I really wanted.

I wanted especially to thank the hive and the admin(s) for putting together such a wealth of info. Without all this information I would not have been successful purchasing my authentic Breitling watch.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:31 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Welcome to BreitlingSource.