Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:00 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello
Just bought this watch Breitling chronometer Telemeter as being from around late 30's, I know that they are not with signed movements in this era and is pre serial.
Was a buy or don't buy situation so I took the risk but is hard to find information on this machines.
Anyone knows something about it?
Thanks for your time.
If is worth it I can send the dial for refinishing.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:05 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
there is a serial and it’s in the correct range, watch is fine

Gncarv likes this post.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:10 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Is worth restoring the dial?
We bought for resell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:48 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
most definitely not, a refinished dial would make it worthless for any collector

2 people like this post.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:23 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

How much does it go like this ?
(for sale)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:55 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Gncarv wrote:
(for sale)

One would think that you would do your research before purchasing the watch if your only interest was in selling it for a profit!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:49 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

56scooter wrote:
Gncarv wrote:
(for sale)

One would think that you would do your research before purchasing the watch if your only interest was in selling it for a profit!

OR one would get the proposal to buy and take the plunge to make some profit? A little gambling.
And why does it upset you ? If you know how much is worth it, you could with less words, say what you think, you could ignore my post and think ''this ass*ole doesn't even know the prices of the watch he bought'', but you took the time to write a complete useless post..I guess just to up your post count?
:yeahthat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:48 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 370 posts
Gncarv wrote:
56scooter wrote:
Gncarv wrote:
(for sale)

OR one would get the proposal to buy and take the plunge to make some profit? A little gambling.
And why does it upset you ? If you know how much is worth it, you could with less words, say what you think, you could ignore my post and think ''this ass*ole doesn't even know the prices of the watch he bought'', but you took the time to write a complete useless post..I guess just to up your post count?
:yeahthat

Not a completely useless post, it is a comment on your decision to buy a watch in an attempt to flip it and make money. The only problem is that you have no idea what the value of the watch is. Is it a gamble, it certainly is, if you have the financial ability to do such things then good for you. Does it upset me, not at all. You are entitled to do whatever you choose to do with your money.

I acknowledge that I am not an expert in vintage Breitling's, I leave that to Watchfred and others. But someone with a post count of "8" who inquires about basic vintage guidelines gives the impression that they have little knowledge of vintage watch collecting. You have confirmed that to me with you inquiries and poor attitude. Have a great day and good luck in your watch business adventure!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:07 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

:yeahthat[/quote]

Not a completely useless post, it is a comment on your decision to buy a watch in an attempt to flip it and make money. The only problem is that you have no idea what the value of the watch is. Is it a gamble, it certainly is, if you have the financial ability to do such things then good for you. Does it upset me, not at all. You are entitled to do whatever you choose to do with your money.

I acknowledge that I am not an expert in vintage Breitling's, I leave that to Watchfred and others. But someone with a post count of "8" who inquires about basic vintage guidelines gives the impression that they have little knowledge of vintage watch collecting. You have confirmed that to me with you inquiries and poor attitude. Have a great day and good luck in your watch business adventure![/quote]

Again nothing added of help to the topic.(see I already have 9 posts if I keep this up ill be a expert like you)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:33 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Breitling-Vintage-Telemetre-Chronograph/133579969231?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144&autorefresh=true