Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:36 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Good day everyone,

I am new to buying a Breitling watch and this forum and read about it in an interview on Fratello Watches.
It was stated this is the place to go to if you have a question regarding a vintage Breitling and it's authenticity, so I would like to ask for your opinon on this watch I would like to buy to restore. Would you please be so kind to help me identify whether this watch is a Fake/Franken?

Unfortunately the seller does not have a lot of information other than the fact it has been bought second hand around 20-25 years ago (and that it's missing the winding steam and crown and the second hand). The codes on the case back are 352916 and 153, which, if I'm not mistaken, date it as being from 1945. I've found a catalog from 1946, but none of the watches match exactly, although the 7156 and 7172 seem to be sort of close. I've also got some pictures, although, unfortunately none of the inside of the watch.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Turbine

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:48 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 364 posts
I don't immediately see a ref 153 in the guidebook, and dial looks a bit suspect to me. And its not in great condition and if legit would not have much value anyway - probably better to start your collecting on a known model in good condition.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:37 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
buddman wrote:
I don't immediately see a ref 153 in the guidebook, and dial looks a bit suspect to me. And its not in great condition and if legit would not have much value anyway - probably better to start your collecting on a known model in good condition.

You have to look up these early three hand watches in the Richter book as a 7153. It comes up as a center second though which might explain why the small second hand is missing. I think the hands on the watch are wrong also so probably the dial has been swapped too.

buddman likes this post.