The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:23 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
If your sales thread suddenly disappears, it will be for one reason : because it did not adhere to the sales forum rules.

Obviously it may be due to any of the rules being contravened, but the most likely failures are due to -

a) the lack of a price being specified (Rule 2), or
b) the lack of an adequate 'proof of ownership' photo (Rule 3). I appreciate Rule 3 is fairly new, taking effect from 12th May 2020, but a global thread was posted in every forum here to announce the change.

As moderator, I try to give people fair warning, either by PM or a post in the thread itself, to give the OP time to resolve the issue (usually 12 to 24 hours), but since moderation is a voluntary "job" I don't always have time to do that.

If your thread disappears without warning, then rest assured it's absolutely nothing personal(!), and you are more than welcome to re-post it once you have reviewed the rules and resolved the issue.

Sales Forum Rules - Click here for "Buying and Selling Rules"

:lingsrock:

Site Moderator

3 people like this post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:52 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Just a quick update - some members are still struggling with the finer points of Rule 3, and are not fully onboard with the requirements, especially the time/date-setting part.

So just to reiterate, Please include at least one photo of the item you are selling with a piece of paper clearly in shot, showing the following written on it -

1) Your forum Username (e.g. Driver8)
2) The current date (e.g. 12th May 2020), and
3) The word "BreitlingSource".
4) If the item is a watch, then in that picture the watch must be set to 10:37, and the date (if applicable) set to 7.

I'm not a big fan of just deleting threads, but from today (2nd Sept 2020) that's what will unfortunately need to happen. :?

Site Moderator

WatchFred likes this post.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]