Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:47 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 5 posts
WITHDRAWN...

This one has to go, so I'm knocking £150 off the asking price - now available for £900, including UK Delivery - which is a bargain for a 3 year old 2221.80! No offers at this price please, (but always open to trades, up, down or sideways).

Last drop on this, and available until @ 8pm Thursday evening - after that, will have to be the 'bay if it doesn't go at this price!

Up for sale is an Omega Seamaster Full Size Quartz 2221.80.00. She's a 2009 model, with a 90million Serial Number (purchased 22 May 2009), so she's just turned 3 years old. I only picked her up on Tuesday as part of a trade, but I've a veritable menagerie of Seamasters already (5 others at last count :shock: ), so she's a quick catch and release.
This is the last of the Full Size 'Bond' Quartz models, with the Wavy Dial, and the red 'Seamaster' Script on the Dial.
Sha has the dark Blue Dial, with the skeleton hands and Blue bezel.
It's a full set. She comes with Outer and Inner boxes, Hang Tag, Warranty and Pictogram Cards in Wallet, and the Operating Instructions Manual.
Caliber: Omega 1538 Quartz precision movement with rhodium-plated finish. End of battery life indicator
Power reserve: 27 / 36 months
Pictures:
Inner and Outer Box, all very nice condition (white box has light mark to front, label residue, and the display cushion is a little grubby), Hang Tag, stamped Warranty and Pictogram Cards in Wallet, and the Operating Instructions Manual (spare half link pictured is not included - I've pinched it for another SMP....you shouldn't need it, bracelet is full sized apart from this).

Case sides. Pretty much immaculate, but there is a small nick just to the left of the main crown, and a very slight graze to the edge of the bottom left lug - I've taken close up shots.
Back Case - really nice, can't see any issues. Serial Number clear, matches cards and tag. Hologram security stamp in place. Red Dot still in place (i.e. case not opened since purchase).
Bracelet and Clasp. Bracelet is in very nice condition, lots of swirlies, but nothing nasty or deep, brushed main links and tramline mirror finished accents have not been over polished, and so still contrast nicely. Not stretched or abused. 11 Full links and one half link to bracelet, so it's full size or half a link short - sized for my 8.25" wrist (@210mm). Clasp is also good, some desk-diver swirls, and one slightly deeper 5mm mark, just below 'SIONA', just shows in pictures. Clasp and Diver's extension both working perfectly.
Crystal (and AR coating) - immaculate, no marks of any kind.
Bezel - Unidirectional, bezel is really nice, nicely ratcheted, and turns smoothly. Theres a little 'graze' to the metal edge of the bezel between 1 and 2 o'clock, very minor 'shiny' bits in several other places around the bezel edge (which are almost unavoidable), and a tiny scratch on the bezel insert between the 5 and 7 markers. These marks are really quite minor, and could easily be 'vanished' by an expert polisher - which I'm not... I'm making too much of these if anything, but prefer to be over-critical. I've got as close as I can with a macro shot of the scratch on the bezel, and the 'graze' directly above it.
OK, now lots of nice general shots - Crystal (and AR coating), Dial, Hands and Crowns are perfect, no marks of any kind. The seconds hand still has a healthy red tip, not faded like they can be. And a bonus for the real OCD sufferers, the Seconds Hand hits the markers spot on...
And finally, some lume shots - it really is quite sensational on these, doesn't take a lot to charge, glows like a torch and lasts for ages.

This 2221.80 is in very good condition (she's no Safe Queen, but if anything, I've been over-critical of the odd mark). As the last Full Size Quartz SMP that Omega produced, she's likely to retain her value as well, and she comes with a full set of Boxes and Paperwork. She's just turned 3, and is unmolested (red dot still in place on the backcase). She keeps perfect time (I've had her for 3 days, no variance at all), and the date change is bang on midnight.
However, she's a quick catch and release, and I'm letting her go for a very reasonable £1050, now £960 (NOW £900!), which includes Next Day RMSD. Overseas buyers will need to contact me for a quote for shipping.
I've loads of Feedback on here (if the search is working), I'm a 'Top Rated' e-bay seller (2080+ deals, 100%, username 'goonermike'), and I've got plenty of Feedback on Breitling Source (also goonermike), so there are no worries there.
I'd prefer BT. PayPal if absolutely necessary, but I cannot accept PayPal Gifts (my account just won't accept them, and I get charged even on gifts - they're trying to sort it out). So if you want to use PayPal, it'll be via the 'official' route, and you'll need to add 3.4% to cover Fees.
If I've missed anything, you'd like more info or pics, please feel free to PM me.
Cheers!
Mike 8)

Last edited by goonermike on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:10 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

This one has to go, so I'm knocking £90 off the asking price - now available for £960, including UK Delivery - which is a bargain for a 3 year old 2221.80! No offers at this price please, (but always open to trades, up, down or sideways).

Cheers

Mike 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:11 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

OK, this has to go, so a final drop to £900, including UK RMSD!

Available until Thursday evening, then it's off to the 'bay...

Mike 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:32 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
The number 1 kills it for me. Good luck though!