It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Superocean Heritage 46
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:23 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I got this watch when my uncle died.
According to messages I've recieved from the members here, the watch is worth about 2k

I wish to sell this watch because it doesn't look nice on my small wrist.

send a pm if you are interested.

greets,

Theo

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:23 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
So is your price US$2,000?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:57 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

yes..US 2,000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:11 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Theo de Rijcke wrote:
yes..US 2,000

Damn, I was hoping it'd be 2000 Yen! :wink: :lol:

Good luck with the sale.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:38 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

lol..yeah that's not going to happen ...

thank you

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:39 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I'd be careful on this one guys.

I contacted the seller with an offer which he immediately "accepted". Then said he has been "burned" by PayPal before and won't take it as payment. Given the fact that his story is: "My aunt gave me the watch after my uncle died" and that he came on here asking for value of the watch in pictures, it would suggest to ME, that he is not into watches, I'd like to know what type of transactions has PayPal burnt him on to stop using them.

I told him a have plenty of references and have a long track record of buying and selling watches on here, eBay and other sources and that I would be more than happy to wire him the money if he wanted to send the watch. I mean, I would REALLY hate to lose my reputation over a $2k SuperOcean. He replied with: "I don't know you, blah blah", how about you wire me half and then the rest when watch arrives. I told him sorry, it will be the way I am asking you to do it or I will politely pass on it. He then replied with, well send me $500 at least and I'll ship the watch.

Now, flags were raised all over as he didn't negotiate, didn't want to use PayPal with "reputable" buyer, etc. But I went ahead and said: "Ok, set the watch to 9:45 with current date and write my screen name on piece of paper next to it. Take a pic and send to me."

This was this morning. No reply for the first time after he read my message.

If he comes through, I'll update, but I wouldn't make any moves with him right now guys.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

good to know ty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:58 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Interesting... I emailed him offering good advice and let it him know that some of the money he was offered was way too LOW and that he should hold out to get at least 1.8 to 2K, for a complete package SuperOcean... he asked me If I would give him 1.8K and I said that I was not in a position to do so as I have myself a couple of watches on the For Sale section and money was tied up.

He told me that he got scammed on paypal and if Western Union was any better... oh well.. it appeared that it was too difficult for him to 'one' get the right paying method and 'two' get the right offer.. his location he told me was Netherlands, i searched the Internet and got him 3 reputable local dealers in the Neatherleands who deal with pre-owned luxury watch brands and would quite easily buy the SuperOcean from him locally at probably the same price that he as looking to sell here... I don't understand that if he 'already' got scammed why he would not take the opportunity to sell his watch to a local dealer and get real 'money' in his pocket... WIN WIN situation for everyone.

:roll:

krlyuzh wrote:

I contacted the seller with an offer which he immediately "accepted". Then said he has been "burned" by PayPal before and won't take it as payment. Given the fact that his story is: "My aunt gave me the watch after my uncle died" and that he came on here asking for value of the watch in pictures, it would suggest to ME, that he is not into watches, I'd like to know what type of transactions has PayPal burnt him on to stop using them.

I told him a have plenty of references and have a long track record of buying and selling watches on here, eBay and other sources and that I would be more than happy to wire him the money if he wanted to send the watch. I mean, I would REALLY hate to lose my reputation over a $2k SuperOcean. He replied with: "I don't know you, blah blah", how about you wire me half and then the rest when watch arrives. I told him sorry, it will be the way I am asking you to do it or I will politely pass on it. He then replied with, well send me $500 at least and I'll ship the watch.

Now, flags were raised all over as he didn't negotiate, didn't want to use PayPal with "reputable" buyer, etc. But I went ahead and said: "Ok, set the watch to 9:45 with current date and write my screen name on piece of paper next to it. Take a pic and send to me."

If he comes through, I'll update, but I wouldn't make any moves with him right now guys.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:50 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

krlyuzh wrote:

Thanks for that... the picture set to a certain time and date always catches the ones trying to do wrong... good looking out! :lingsrock:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:08 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

HMMMMMMM... The silence says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :popo:

Mont Blanc Timewalker Silver Dial
U-Boat Flight Deck 50MM Black Dial
Boschett Cave Dweller Black Dial
Seiko Orange Monster
Casio G-Shock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

julioa007 wrote:
Interesting... I emailed him offering good advice and let it him know that some of the money he was offered was way too LOW and that he should hold out to get at least 1.8 to 2K, for a complete package SuperOcean... he asked me If I would give him 1.8K and I said that I was not in a position to do so as I have myself a couple of watches on the For Sale section and money was tied up.

He told me that he got scammed on paypal and if Western Union was any better... oh well.. it appeared that it was too difficult for him to 'one' get the right paying method and 'two' get the right offer.. his location he told me was Netherlands, i searched the Internet and got him 3 reputable local dealers in the Neatherleands who deal with pre-owned luxury watch brands and would quite easily buy the SuperOcean from him locally at probably the same price that he as looking to sell here... I don't understand that if he 'already' got scammed why he would not take the opportunity to sell his watch to a local dealer and get real 'money' in his pocket... WIN WIN situation for everyone.

:roll:

Well, a mod can pull up his IP address which will tell you the exact location. Reading his messages, I gathered that he might be Asian(internet accent :lol: ) and papers say Malaysia.

Anyways, I think it is safe to say that this is a scam. He has not responded.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:33 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
krlyuzh wrote:
Well, a mod can pull up his IP address which will tell you the exact location.

He is using a Dutch IP address and visited the site less than 2 hours ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:51 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Roffensian wrote:
krlyuzh wrote:
Well, a mod can pull up his IP address which will tell you the exact location.

He is using a Dutch IP address and visited the site less than 2 hours ago.

He sent me a pm. I requested a picture of the watch set to a certain time. No response. I hope it's legit. Not looking too good.