The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:05 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
So I just received my first ever Breitling today for my 21st (Bentley 6.75 A4436412 | C786 | 990A). When I was initially having it fitted during purchase at the dealer, he mentioned that under the clasp the bracelet could slip forwards by a small amount to give and take a little bit of slackness. Under further inspection I can see what he was saying, however I have absolutely no idea how to move it forwards a little.. the fitting was done on a cold day and the sales agent was adamant on it being a tight fit, so now I just want to make the bracelet a little slacker.

And the watch itself :lingsrock:

Out of the four jewellers I spoke to, they all said that I would have difficulty finding the exact 6.75 Bentley with the neptune face as it is rumoured they have/or are about to stop production on watches with that face. In the end I fell lucky and found the exact spec that I was looking for in a jewellers closer to my local town, the manager even knocked a fair amount of the price.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:59 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
producerlawson wrote:
So I just received my first ever Breitling today for my 21st (Bentley 6.75 A4436412 | C786 | 990A). When I was initially having it fitted during purchase at the dealer, he mentioned that under the clasp the bracelet could slip forwards by a small amount to give and take a little bit of slackness. Under further inspection I can see what he was saying, however I have absolutely no idea how to move it forwards a little.. the fitting was done on a cold day and the sales agent was adamant on it being a tight fit, so now I just want to make the bracelet a little slacker.

And the watch itself :lingsrock:

Out of the four jewellers I spoke to, they all said that I would have difficulty finding the exact 6.75 Bentley with the neptune face as it is rumoured they have/or are about to stop production on watches with that face. In the end I fell lucky and found the exact spec that I was looking for in a jewellers closer to my local town, the manager even knocked a fair amount of the price.

I'm not able to see your pics, but on the side of the clasp you'll see multiple small holes. Hopefully, you have the clasp positioned in the middle of these holes as that would give the most sizing range to play with. There's a springbar that holds the parts together. If you take a small (preferable soft) object like a tooth pick, you can push the pin that holds the bracelet to the clasp and then move it a little bit, just so that you move away from the hole. You'll need to do this on the other side as well, and now you can shift to the next hole in the clasp.

I hope that helps you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:08 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I can't see the pictures either, but further to Aleister's post, the newer models don't have holes in the outer edge of the clasp (for a cleaner look), so the fine adjustment works exactly the same as removing a strap - i.e. you need a Bergeon 6767 (or similar) to compress the spring bar ends in order to move them along one or more spaces.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:13 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
Indeed. Sloppy answer not checking the new model number...

Thanks Driver.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:58 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
aleister wrote:
Indeed. Sloppy answer not checking the new model number...

Thanks Driver.

Yours was FAR from a sloppy answer Aleister! I was merely adding to an already very good answer! :thumbsup:

Site Moderator