Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Diver Pro III query
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:41 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hello can anyone tell me if I can get this strap with a polished chrome and a brushed deployment rather than the black steel version. Also are the deployments interchangable between the same size rubber straps; say an ocean racer? I'd like to have a rubber strap on both an avenger I and also a seawolf I to give them a fresh look. I've been told that the Pro III may not fit at all as the lugs are different on the new watches. I'm confused :) Many thanks.

Post subject: Re: Diver Pro III query
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:59 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
You can definitely get a polished version of the deployant clasp for the Diver Pro III rubber strap. I'm not 100% sure about a brushed version, but I think there is one available. Someone else will no doubt chime in on this one. (And if there isn't, then you can easily have a polished one brushed by a jeweller).

Yes the rubber strap deployant is compatible with the deployant compatible Ocean Racer.

Lastly, a Diver Pro III or Ocean Racer with a width of 22mm WILL fit both the Avenger and the Seawolf as they both have 22mm lugs. It's only the metal bracelets that will not be interchangeable due to different end-pieces.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:50 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 174 posts
Brushed deployant is available. Bought mine from Breitling boutique London. It's on a ProIII fitted to my Chronospace.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:54 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Driver8 wrote:
You can definitely get a polished version of the deployant clasp for the Diver Pro III rubber strap. I'm not 100% sure about a brushed version, but I think there is one available. Someone else will no doubt chime in on this one. (And if there isn't, then you can easily have a polished one brushed by a jeweller).

Yes the rubber strap deployant is compatible with the deployant compatible Ocean Racer.

Lastly, a Diver Pro III or Ocean Racer with a width of 22mm WILL fit both the Avenger and the Seawolf as they both have 22mm lugs. It's only the metal bracelets that will not be interchangeable due to different end-pieces.

Thanks for the replies much appreciated. One final thing as I asked do you know if the deployant can be moved to another compatable strap once they are fitted. Say I have one fitted to a Pro 3 and want to change it to a Ocean Racer. Otherwise this gets to be a very expensive game. I will be ordering once I've got the information and will post up some photos once they're fitted.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:21 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Deployants are interchangeable among the rubber options, but won't be able to fit leather.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:42 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
martley wrote:
Driver8 wrote:

Thanks for the replies much appreciated. One final thing as I asked do you know if the deployant can be moved to another compatable strap once they are fitted. Say I have one fitted to a Pro 3 and want to change it to a Ocean Racer. Otherwise this gets to be a very expensive game. I will be ordering once I've got the information and will post up some photos once they're fitted.

Yes, my second point (in red) confirmed that.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:57 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Driver8 wrote:
martley wrote:
Driver8 wrote:

Again thanks for the replies I will order them tomorrow and post the pics up shortly. All the best xx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:59 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi,

I bought my first Breitling about two months ago, followed in my fathers footsteps. I chose the chronomat 44 GMT and I love the watch!

I'm interested in buying a rubber strap as its hot & humid this time of year in the north east.

Does anyone have experience buying and replacing a steel pilot band with the Diver Pro III strap with steel deployant? (MSRP $450)

Does anyone have pictures of this combination? I am leaning towards the brushed steel deployant to match the bezel.

Lastly what tools would I need to do this?

Best
Matthew

Attachment:
FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachment:
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:37 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Tool needed is a Bergson 6767F, if you search on that there are quite a few hints / tips. Welcome to BreitlingSource.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:47 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Roff, went ahead and ordered one.

Does anyone have the ballpark price I should pay for the strap/ black steel deployant?

My local AD wants $450 and it will take 3 weeks to come in.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:03 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Driver8 wrote:
martley wrote:
Driver8 wrote:

My straps and deployant have arrived so I'll be putting photos up in the next few days. I have another question that I trust you can help me with. I understand that the deployant is available in two sizes. Can you please let me know how they fit in with with the straps. For example is one for lugs 22 and 24mm and so on? Good to know for the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:42 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

20mm deployant fits 24 and 22 mm straps (hence sizes of 24/20 and 22/20), 18 mm is for 20mm strap (20/18).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:48 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hello I've just uploaded a slideshow in the watch gallery now that I've got the new straps. Let me know what you think. Many thanks.