Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Combat Straps
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:56 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 84 posts
This strap is in the mail to me right now. Destined to be rotated in with my OEM Brown Croco and Mesh on my TOC Unitime

It is a Sapphire Blue ostrich leg strap by Combat Straps. The customer service has been awesome. Aaron, the owner suggested the material and color, and I am very excited to see it in person. Should be in some time next week. Installed pics and a review to follow!

Post subject: Re: Combat Straps
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:23 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
Looks great! Just emailed Aaron to order a Swedish Army strap.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:23 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Well, it arrived today. I am going to break this up into two posts, the written review and the photos.

REVIEW:

First, let me say that although there is about a 1 month wait from ordering to delivery, it is totally worth the wait. The customer service is impeccable and the quality is great. The strap, for the purposes of this review, will be compared to the Breathing OEM 24mm Croco.

First, the finishing. The Combat-Straps Ostrich strap is on par with the breitling. The hand finished edge and the stitching are both beautiful, as are the lighter colored inner linings. On the Combat Strap, the sticking is much narrower, however this is an option I selected. I also elected to go with matching instead of contrast stitching. Padding on the Combat Strap is thinner than the breathing. This has pro's and cons. First, it forms much quicker and marginally better to the wrist. Second, it is lower profile and will fit under more shirt cuffs. As for cons, you feel the edge of the strap against the skin a little more since the thinner padding leaves it sitting flatter on the wrist

This new strap has an absolutely beautiful color, in this case sapphire blue. The ostrich skin's pattern is less uniform than the Croco which makes it very interesting to look at up close. The finish is also more glossy (though not patent leather levels here) than the OEM Croco.

I had him make the strap with similar functionality to the OEM deployment straps. The included buckle does not feel quite as substantial as the OEM design, however, it is actually more comfortable as it is less prone to dig into the skin and holds adjustments a little better since it clamps onto the adjustment side of the strap. I elected to get this buckle over just swiping over my OEM one for 2 reasons. 1) one less step when swapping between straps, and 2) I am going to have this buckle custom engraved, so I wanted a blank buckle.

All in all, this is an incredible strap that easily competes with the OEM for less than 1/2 the price. I highly recommend checking him out at Combat-Straps.com and looking at his other color and material options.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:27 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

keehna666 likes this post.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:09 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 844 posts
Awesome strap, I just had a gray/charcoal croc strap made by dangerous 9 straps, this blue ostrich is amazing

1 Super avenger night mission
1 Limited edition chronomat Boston Celtics
Navitimer GMT
Transocean Chronograph Unitime
2 Omega planet ocean chronographs
1 Tag heuer Monaco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:32 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Watch nut wrote:
Awesome strap, I just had a gray/charcoal croc strap made by dangerous 9 straps, this blue ostrich is amazing

Thanks!