Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:58 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi everybody!

I have recently bought a Breitling Endurance Pro. The build quality is amazing, the watch is extremely light, and I really enjoy the attention to all the details.

However, I observed that the seconds hand of the chronograph (long red hand) has a small play (like being a bit loose) as I tilt the watch. For example, tilting the watch towards the crown the seconds hand is absolutely centered, while tilting the watch from the opposite side of the crown, the hand loses its central position. I am sure that this is not an optical effect because I have carefully observed it and indeed there is a small play/slop on the hand. Of course this play in the rest position is not much, but observable with a lot of attention.

I guess that the gears may have a bit of backlash/tolerance since they are not always in tension (rest position), but I would like to hear your thoughts on it.
Anybody with an Endurance Pro having the same behavior?
Would this be a normal behavior for quartz chronographs?

This model has the Caliber 82, which is a Thermocompensated SuperQuartz (ETA thermoline?).

Thank you very much for your feedback!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:15 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
You're right in as much as all drive trains need to have a little play in them or else the gears will bind. However, seeing a visible movement of the hands if you just tilt the watch sounds like way too much to me. I don't personally own a quartz Breitling these days, and obviously I might be imagining it to be worse than it is, but to me that seems like one for Breitling to take a look at.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:15 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 54 posts
This watch is a shame for Breitling. Honestly for me this watch is more a joke than a real breitling...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:44 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Sounds a bit like the notorious Aerospace 'floating hands' issue (google for info). I love mine but have to confess I've never understood why lots of Aeros have to suffer from this when no Casio does.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:25 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi and thank you for the feedback so far.
Actually I went to a Breitling boutique and they let me check this "issue" with other Endurance Pro models and all of them had this behavior (small play in the seconds hand of the chronograph).

Interestingly enough I was watching this video (from WATCHES TV - youtube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBSXBJK46GA, and if you observe the red model (between 1:30 & 1:33), you will see that as they tilt the watch, the seconds hand (long red hand) moves a bit (just like my watch). You can slow-down the video and the motion of the hand is pretty obvious :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:17 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

However long you keep the design basic the scene can frequently put these for you at no (or insignificant) additional expense while they're preparing the tables for photofeeler your gathering. On the off chance that not enroll the assistance of several old buddies to go in and place them for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:10 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Mechanical chronographs usually have a heart piece that holds the hand in the correct position at rest. There is no play in the hand regardless of train backlash. Never looked inside one like yours (Did I mention I hate working on quartz watches?), so I don't know how the hand is held in place but I would guess there is no heart piece in the watch.

Good luck with it.

Super Avenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:26 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Plastic pens are by and large purchased for their exceptional worth rather than their excessive worth. It is incomprehensible people will save a pen for its length is life as they are not worth very much, subsequently people will as a general rule leave them lying around. This is something to style pen be grateful for however as it suggests others will see your association checking when they get the pen to use.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:02 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Due to its strong capacity to deliver the skin's detoxification potential and to purify mucoid stores from the cells straightforwardly into the colon, dry skin brushing is Brush removal near me considered by to be a fundamental piece of any digestive purging system.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:57 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

A gathering character means a lot to its individuals. It advances kinship inside and lets the world see what their identity is. ID cords and weaved fixes and Iron-on Patches on patches give a great identifier to these gatherings.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:30 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

While picking the versatile tanning splash organization to orchestrate your tanning meeting, ensure you look past valuing. You want an organization that has the skill to direct you on what items will best suit your complexions. The organization needs to give remarkable client care or Spray tan near me they won't ever comprehend what your prerequisites as the client are.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:21 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

The Rodent Terrier is likely one of the most mind-blowing family pet you will find. They regularly adjust well to any circumstance. They make a dynamite pet for families with small kids or for senior residents. They truly do well in lofts and Beagle breeders in Texas apartment suites, as long as they get their everyday strolls and runs. They flourish with adoration and consideration, and return it ten times.