The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:42 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
Right gents, the last two times I almost tore my hair out trying to get things to work out, unfortunately Steinhart does not have the best track record when it comes to managing shipments and payments on larger orders to many customers. SO I have been thinking of a way to minimize this.

One way to do it is have the payments made to a single member, and then sent in one payment to Steinhart. I will provide the detailed shipping instruction. The member has to be in Europe for currency and fee concerns and a well trusted member, personally I would rather not be involved in that aspect.

Another method is to remove all personalization from this LE, and leave it as is IE no name engraving on the watch.

Thoughts? Should we just go with the old method and power through?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:42 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
I like the option for personalisation, but it won't kill me to do without.

I can think of two or three European members that I would trust implicitly (and assume others would), but would never presume to commit them to this unless they were happy to volunteer. I also don't want you to have to go through what you went through last time!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:54 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Apologies guys (and no-one has specifically asked me, but just thought I'd better speak up!), but I personally wouldn't want to try to coordinate payments from 10 or more people. I just think the issues with exchange rates, currencies, transfer fees, paypal fees, timings, etc, make it a potential minefield..... and not something I personally could devote the time to at the moment.

Personally I'd be happy for us all to pay individually direct to Steinhart, as this takes the pressure of one person. (I know what a hassle you had last time Altair, and I don't want you to have all that aggravation again either). At least with everyone making their own payments, everyone is in charge of their own destiny (so to speak), and while Steinhart may have had a few admin issues here and there in the past, they have always come through. I'm more than happy to run the gauntlet of potential admin issues by us all paying direct.

Site Moderator