The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:08 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
OK guys, shipments are out for half of you, no sequence or preffential treatment as to who gets theirs first, just dumb luck. Mine hasnt shipped yet :( :( :( :( :( :(

Bad news: Although I asked Steinhart to wait on shipments until I give them the updated addresses and strap preferences, I think the person I contacted was different than the person who did the shipping, and as of yet I have no idea on what has went down! Hopefully the addresses got updated though....

Good news, shipments have been made through a courier, so you will get a tracking number and will be called once they arrive, on the off chance the shipments where made to the wrong address you will be able to correct the mistake via phone.

sigh, always gotta be something.......

On the upside, the watches are OUT! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:37 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 33 posts
Good news!

Also, I repsonded to your PM.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:57 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 0 post
Mine is on its way but even after 24hrs not yet shown as picked up by DPD the shipping company.

Thats the good news, :D

Date when I expect to get home mid October, :cry:

Bu**er.

Ian

Omega Speedmaster Moon, Hamilton 992B, Steinhart BS LEII #2, B&R 01-92 Heritage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:51 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Ahhhh, picked up from Steinhart and on its way. :D

Ian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:10 am 

Mine says it will be delivered by fedex today which is a neat trick since it was shipped today. I only know one way to turn back time :superman:

Seriously, it would be cool to really get this in one day - tomorrow. Can't wait, the watch in the pics looks outstanding and my experience watches always look better in person than non-publicity pics!! :drool:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:43 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
Mine has also shipped :woohoo:

There is always something, could be the language barrier - after sending my address to them literally half a dozen times (or more) they have once again sent the watch to my old address :roll: (sigh). We've been in constant communication since my 1st LE disaster so hopefully it's just a typo and not another mistake (benefit of the doubt until I have it confirmed).

Still that aside it's simply an awesome looking watch that I can't wait to receive!

So what strap will they be sending Altair, considering you didn't get a chance to update them? I did like that coffee strap...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:17 am 
Contributing Curmudgeon
Contributing Curmudgeon

Liked in: 1 post
I got the Fedex notification of shipping today. I won't be home to take delivery of it, and Fedex will only hold it for 3 days before returning it to sender, so it looks like my watch is going to go back to Germany via Seattle.

:cry:

Maybe the second time they send it to me they can put the correct strap in.

Also, under no circumstances will I be reimbursing them for the failed shipping attempt when I specifically pointed out that I will be unable to accept delivery.

At least it says that a signature is required, so Fedex won't leave it at my doorstep to get stolen.
///M

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:24 pm 

Mofongo wrote:
I got the Fedex notification of shipping today. I won't be home to take delivery of it, and Fedex will only hold it for 3 days before returning it to sender, so it looks like my watch is going to go back to Germany via Seattle.

:cry:

Maybe the second time they send it to me they can put the correct strap in.

Also, under no circumstances will I be reimbursing them for the failed shipping attempt when I specifically pointed out that I will be unable to accept delivery.

At least it says that a signature is required, so Fedex won't leave it at my doorstep to get stolen.
///M

But it's a fedex "indirect signature" shipment, so typically you can leave a signed note for the fedex guy to leave with a designated neighbor. There may be ways to work around it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:44 pm 
Contributing Curmudgeon
Contributing Curmudgeon

Liked in: 1 post
What if I have already left home? Am I supposed to Fedex myself a post-it note to leave on the doorstep for Fedex?

Yes, there probably is a workaround. But it will probably take a lot of my time. And I don't have that time. I am going to be involved running around 18 hours a day next week at a big yearly mega conference where my responsibilities keep piling up by the minute. I already will be loosing lots of sleep. Now on top of all this, I get to troubleshoot how to get a [expletive deleted] package that 4 is months late and shipped to me out of the blue against my explicit instructions.

What really really really pisses me off here is that now I have to spend a buttload of my time trying to solve a problem created by somebody not being willing to spend 30 freakin' seconds of their time to prevent it. And to think I paid thes a**h*les over $1000 of my money to be treated like this!

This kind of BS drives me up a wall!

///M

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:50 pm 

Mofongo wrote:
What if I have already left home? Am I supposed to Fedex myself a post-it note to leave on the doorstep for Fedex?

Yes, there probably is a workaround. But it will probably take a lot of my time. And I don't have that time. I am going to be involved running around 18 hours a day next week at a big yearly mega conference where my responsibilities keep piling up by the minute. I already will be loosing lots of sleep. Now on top of all this, I get to troubleshoot how to get a [expletive deleted] package that 4 is months late and shipped to me out of the blue against my explicit instructions.

What really really really pisses me off here is that now I have to spend a buttload of my time trying to solve a problem created by somebody not being willing to spend 30 freakin' seconds of their time to prevent it. And to think I paid thes a**h*les over $1000 of my money to be treated like this!

///M

OK. Just trying to help.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:21 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Mofongo wrote:

///M

Chill out M, I am working it out with Steinhart, and no, you will not have to pay for any additional shipping costs, obviously.

Yes this whole shipping issue is a pain in the ass, but not for you. Simply reject/dont sign for the shipment and the watch will be sent to you when you wish it to be. If you are away, simply forget about it and go about your conference.

Sharkman was trying to help, and so am I. If you are referring to Steinhart, trust me this logistics issue is the least of what I had to put up with to get this project completed, and I will continue to make sure any issues are worked out. But to be fair, they have agreed to do a project that is many times more trouble than it is worth financially for them, and although the internal communication breakup in their ranks is a bummer, it a small bump in the road in my opinion.

All, since there was changes in the LE number preferences mid stream and Steinhart mistakingly disregarded my updated shipping instructions, there is a chance that you might get the wrong LE number (if you changed after payment only) in which case you will be given a fedex number, you may return your watch at Steinharts expense to them and receive your correct LE number. Note: there is only a chance this might be the scenario and only for a small number of people. but just saying.

Finally, I have informed Steinhart that if any one you does not receive the watch for shipping reasons I will refund them directly and Steinhart can work out the problem with me, please contact me in that scenario.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:31 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Mine was delivered about 15 minutes ago, so anyone else in the US should start keeping an eye out for a delivery truck. 8)

My first thought when I opened the box was WOW! :drool: After a quick look everything is in order, the right #, no engraving, chrono works, etc. etc. I guess if I had to nitpick about anything I wish were different it would be that there were a clasp on the strap instead of the buckle, but that REALLY would be a stretch. I'll just add one to the order next time I buy a Steinhart. This was definitely worth the wait.

Thanks to YOU Altair for all of your efforts in making this happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:19 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

H.Solo wrote:
Altair, you truly are keeping it all together here! :bow:

:yeahthat

And dealing with a lot of other stuff at the same time :bow: :bow:

Ian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:07 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Oh my... expect that something with shipping gets terribly wrong :|

Mine arrived today, to keep it short: the wrong one. #15 instead of #13, black band instead of a brown one, buckle instead of folding clasp and international day instead of the spoken for german one (though german stands on the delivery note).

Don't know how this can happen - I wrote several mails in which I always refered to #13, even when I called him he noted everything linked to my address record. At least no engraving (like I wanted) which can also be pure coincidence I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:14 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Mr. Cat W. wrote:
Oh my... expect that something with shipping gets terribly wrong :|

Mine arrived today, to keep it short: the wrong one. #15 instead of #13, black band instead of a brown one, buckle instead of folding clasp and international day instead of the spoken for german one (though german stands on the delivery note).

I think a communication breakdown happened between Gunter and the girls at shipping, one of them must have just used the paypal addresses used for half the shipments and disregarded the rest! I am still waiting on clarification but I think most of the guys are OK as far as I can tell.

That said, I wish people did not communicate with Gunter directely, as they probably had the best of intetions, but added another layer of complexity and it is very difficult to correct matters this way! I have no idea what your requirements are and it is even more difficult to resolve, but I will do my best!

As far as your case cat, your watch No 13 is being shipped back unopened by a member who received it by mistake, I will see about having it shipped to you, in the mean time I hope you did not wear the watch! Please send it back to Gunter so we can get this resolved. Thankfully No 15 is not a member of our forum!!

On a separate but related note, I quit smoking six months ago but I just picked up a couple of packs :lol: