It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:38 am 
Contributing Misery Guts
Contributing Misery Guts

Liked in: 1 post
H.Solo wrote:
taffytoon wrote:
No I don't know how long production took but expected the PEOPLE MAKING the watch would. They are the ones who gave Altair the ETA delivery dates for goodness sake :roll:

Well, you must understand how it works in Switzerland... most companies that deliver watchparts or do work like printing and luming dials are little private one-man-backlot-shops. They make parts for all brands...

And Steinhart isn't some major brand... If Steinhart says he'll need let's say 30 dials made for this watch, they accept it and put it on the shelf and then have to finish 5000 dials for another job... :shock:

Or something comes up during production... (a sandwich dial is thicker than a normal one... so you might need new axles for the hands... so let's find someone, who can produce and suply those... :? )

As a private lable distributor you just have to deal with this kind of stuff and can't really say when something will get done... you can only give it your best guess.

Trust me, I've seen this work firsthand and can't tell you just HOW MUCH work this actually is, to get every detail right with this much people involved... :poke:

Perhaps it might even be as late as august but this watch will get finished... and I'm looking forward to it! :bow:

But Gunther DID give a delivery date, not arguing about this any longer, Altair is a gent and a solution has been achived. I hope the watch is worth the wait to those who stay in I really do.