The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:06 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello I am new to this site but wondered if anyone has any information about the watch that I have. Its a ladies cockpit watch limited edition 2 of 10 Concorde, with a deep blue face,48 diamonds, and the concorde emblem. Apparently it is the same style of watch that was given to the original air hostesses of the concorde plane, and this was commemorated by Breitling issuing a limited edition of just 10. If anyone has any information to the where abouts of the other 9 or if you have any press release details I would be very interested in having a look or finding out further information. Thank you for our help Belinda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:31 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Do you have some pictures of it?

oops :oops: and welcome ofcourse

Last edited by Yzord on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:49 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Hi Belinda, welcome. Can you post some :camera: please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:52 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
There has been a long history of Breitling being associated with Concorde, so a LE doesn't surprise me. If it is a Cockpit Lady then that's inconsistent with the original stewardesses because it's a recent watch, but as others have said, if you can post some pictures we may be able to offer more meaningful feedback.

And of course, welcome to the forums. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:58 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling
All Roads lead to Breitling

Maybe it's a Callistino. Same design as the Cockpit Lady.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:49 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi I will post some pictures tomorrow, but I am sure that its a cockpit. I bought it from Andrew Michaels, and I was mistaken when I said it was like the air hostess watches, it was issued as a commoration to the air hostesses watch. Thanks for all of your replies Belinda :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:21 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

belindabh wrote:
Hi I will post some pictures tomorrow, but I am sure that its a cockpit. I bought it from Andrew Michaels, and I was mistaken when I said it was like the air hostess watches, it was issued as a commoration to the air hostesses watch. Thanks for all of your replies Belinda :lol:

That makes more sense. Andrew Michaels has the majority of LE / SE aircraft related watches in the UK so that makes perfect sense. I'm not familiar with this one, but then a run of 10 obviously doesn't get seen much. Looking forward to the pics.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:44 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

And I forgot to mention that its number 002 which relates to Mach 2 which my hubby was well impressed with! It went over my head Im afraid, Im not really familiar with any aviation terms!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:32 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi I have just posted some photos as per attached, hopefully someone will know a little more about it than I do. If the photos dont appear correctly please let me know as I have guessed how to load them thanks Belinda :roll:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:51 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I don't know much about it, but the 2 of 10 is very cool. It's beautiful, hold onto it ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:00 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

A Cockpit Lady indeed.

It's not an LE that I've ever seen before, the best place to get as much information as is available is to contact Andrew Michaels themselves, as they were doubtless the ones that commissioned it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:34 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 335 posts
belindabh wrote:
Hello I am new to this site but wondered if anyone has any information about the watch that I have. Its a ladies cockpit watch limited edition 2 of 10 Concorde, with a deep blue face,48 diamonds, and the concorde emblem. Apparently it is the same style of watch that was given to the original air hostesses of the concorde plane, and this was commemorated by Breitling issuing a limited edition of just 10. If anyone has any information to the where abouts of the other 9 or if you have any press release details I would be very interested in having a look or finding out further information. Thank you for our help Belinda
Hi, Belinda and welcome aboard! :D Your watch is indeed an early 2005 model "Cockpit Lady" from the "Windrider" series. The complete basic model number is A7135612/C656 indicating 316L Stainless Steel case with the standard 8 diamond marker deep blue C656 dial. It has the optional Stainless Steel factory diamond bezel and the standard model 780A Stainless Steel "Pilot" bracelet. Total diamond weight is .57 ct. and the diamonds are "Top Wesseltons" of D-E color and VVS clarity (Near colorless and near flawless). The Cockpit lady was introduced in late 2004 replacing her predecessor the "B-Class". The B-class had replaced the "Wings Lady" a few years prior to that. All three were in the 31 to 32mm diameter size range. The sister watch "Callistino" was only 28.8mm diameter whereas the B-Class was 31.4 and the Cockpit Lady 31.8mm diameter. The Cockpit Lady was also offered with an 11 diamond marker dial made of fine Mother Of Pearl. The enamel dials like your Concord piece use Roman markers at 6, 9 and 12 whereas the MOP dial replaces the Romans with slightly larger diamonds than the eight other hour markers. The 11 diamond dial was discontinued in late 2008. Roff is likely right on mark in assuming the 10 pieces in the "Concorde" limited edition run were commissioned by Andrew Michaels. The custom logo dial and caseback were produced in a very unusually low number edition run, meaning that typically "limited editions" are at least 25 in number. Obviously Andrew Michaels has some stroke with the brand. :wink: The COSC certified caliber B71 thermo-compensated "SuperQuartz" movement in your Concorde CL is arguably one of the finest and most technologically advanced watch movements ever made. The reliability and ruggedness is terrific and the accuracy is absolutely insane. :!: Beside the build quality of your watch, it is simply one of the most beautiful and elegant ladies timepieces ever made, period. Enjoy it and wear it in good health!!

Cheers,
Ron

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery "Flow" or... 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:46 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

thank you for all of the information,I think that I may contact Andrew Michaels as suggested with regards to the other 9 thank you again :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:23 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Wow Ron, amazing wealth of information. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:19 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 3 posts
belindabh wrote:
thank you for all of the information,I think that I may contact Andrew Michaels as suggested with regards to the other 9 thank you again :lol:

thanks for sharing. Let us know if you find anything out.