Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: the NEW Cockpit Lady
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:13 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I went to purchase a bronze coloured Cockpit Lady (the one shown as the first example of the Cockpit Lady on the Breitling website) but have been told that that model is now discontinued and unavailable even though it's still shown as current on the UK Breitling website and in the printed catalogue. Further to this the new version is not yet available to the dealers and so they can't acquire one so I can make a decision - apparently the closest to the bronze coloured face will now be burgundy and it will not have diamonds on the face.

Has anybody seen the new version of the Cockpit Lady? I know very little about the details of the face. Is is available to other parts of the world yet?

Lastly is there anyone out there who has a bronze Cockpit Lady with a steel bracelet who is maybe thinking of selling... this watch is the only one my partner really likes and I'm now at a loss as to how to acquire one for her birthday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:39 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
The new CL is on its way to ADs now. My AD has received one, and I have to be honest, I don't like it. Not sure what colour changes are happening but the square in the middle has been changed - it's still based on a square but the sides now bulge out - looks like the offspring of a mating between a circle and a square if that makes any sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:43 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I had similar problem, Artyray, a couple of months ago. I was trying to get her a black Cockpit Lady and found they had discontinued it and were awaiting the new style dials. I didn't like the look of the new dials on the web (and don't like them now I've seen them in the flesh). As Roff says, the bulging square design on the dial is pretty grim.

I ended up taking a big gamble and bought her a black SOH 38 which she absolutely loves. I know it's big (by ladies' standards) but it looks completely different on the wrist (and she has slim wrists), so get your wife to try one on! It really is a beauty.

Good luck,

Nick

Avenger Seawolf
Chrono Avenger
Aerospace
SOHC LE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:16 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
swiftnick wrote:
I had similar problem, Artyray, a couple of months ago. I was trying to get her a black Cockpit Lady and found they had discontinued it and were awaiting the new style dials. I didn't like the look of the new dials on the web (and don't like them now I've seen them in the flesh). As Roff says, the bulging square design on the dial is pretty grim.

I ended up taking a big gamble and bought her a black SOH 38 which she absolutely loves. I know it's big (by ladies' standards) but it looks completely different on the wrist (and she has slim wrists), so get your wife to try one on! It really is a beauty.

Good luck,

Nick

My wife has both a CL and a SOH38 - they're a great pairing of dressy / casual.

Don't forget that ADs can order any combination of dial / case that's available for the model, although you probably can't order one of the old design to be custom made now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:43 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Couldn't agree more, Roff. Mine has the MOP Callistino as the dressy model, but the SOH is getting far more wrist time at the moment.

Nick

Avenger Seawolf
Chrono Avenger
Aerospace
SOHC LE