The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:30 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 6 posts
Is it me or is it nearly impossible to pick up a reasonably priced used ladies Breitling,

I have been looking for ages for a bargain for the wife (she doesn't want me to spend a fortune as she isn't into watches - YET) with very little success, In the same timescale I have bought and sold a handful of gents watches while on my way to getting my grail watches.

Any tips suggestions or WTS's. I am all ears.

John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:10 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 414 posts
First you have to identify which watches appeal to your wife. Is she more inclined to wear something a little more vintage or something newer. Then there's the size issue. 8) You have to find out how large a watch she will wear. Style is the all important factor for most women so you need to know if it's gold, diamonds, or stainless steel that rings here chimes. Once all that has been sorted out you have to identify what your budget will allow and go from there. New or previously loved. Womens watches take more of a beating than mens watches in the depreciation department. They drop like a rock as soon as you walk out the store door. There's not a lot of womens watches available on the different watch forums so if your're going the used route ebay is a likely spot to pick something up reasonable. Nobody fakes womens Breitling's so you're fairly safe in that regard. Sometimes you can find a smaller mans watch a woman will like. A Callisto, Sirius, Sextant, and a few others, are small enough at 36-37mm to make a nice watch for a lady. You can also post a WTB in the classified sections on the forums and see what comes up.