The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:35 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
I'm consdering buying a nice Breitling watch for my wife, as a 1st anniversary present. She has her eye on the Cockpit Lady, with steel case, MoP white dial, 8 diamond hour markers, red lizard strap with deployant. It's almost what model #505 shows in Chronolog 09, but without the diamonds bezel.

My wife also stated that she's not sure whether she wanna have a bezel with diamonds set, but we all know how women's relationship with diamonds: eventually she will want that too :lol:

So what I'm thinking is getting a Cockpit Lady with the above setup, without diamonds bezel, and maybe order a diamonds bezel later. However, I'm not sure if it's feasable/possible:

1) Is it possible to later order a factory bezel with diamonds set? If yes, then what costs shall I expect?

2) What is the price difference currently between the 8-diamonds dial and the 8-diamonds dial + bezel with diamonds variant of this watch? I'd welcome both USD and EUR/GBP prices for both Cockpit Lady models if you have them on hand. I have a Chronolog 09 without price list, so it's useless. I also have a Chronolog 06 with price list, but since in 2006 only the old Cockpit Lady was available, I'm not sure whether the approx. EUR 3400 difference I can see there applies to today's prices.

Thank you guys, on behalf of the missus as well -- but don't tell her, it's supposed to be a surprise :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:32 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Don't have a current price list, so not sure what the diamond bezel adds to the price (and the pricelist here doesn't have a diamond bezel version). However, you cannot order an OEM bezel from Breitling after the fact, only when you get the watch. An AD should be able to tell you the price very easily. Cockpit Lady is a great watch - just like the men's version it's extremely flexible and can be dressed up or down - though I'm not sure how you dress down a diamond bezel and red lizard strap :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:25 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

:lol: my wife complains that she overpaid for a $30.00 watch at the fleamarket....seriously! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:53 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 4 posts
Price is $ 8'600 for the second one. This exact watch is pictured in the 2009 Chronolog, p. 72

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:41 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

sharp looking watch.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:10 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Very classy watch! More stylish and understated without the diamond bezel IMO, but yes we now women and diamonds. :lol: