Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Early Christmas Present
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:10 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
I have been racking my brains trying to figure out what to get my wife for her birthday and Christmas this year, yes December gives me a headache!! Anyways, I got the idea of a decent watch after she broke the last $25 special she usually wears last month, I have been doing a bit of looking around and figured I needed to land somewhere between the Omega Seamaster 300 M (too sporty) and a Rolex Lady Datejust (too much Rolex!). I stumbled across this site one day and came across Breitling, and figured perhaps I'd found what I was looking for.

After checking out their website I made my way over to a dealer downtown to have a look in person, I was looking for something in stainless steel, my wife is not a big fan of yellow gold so I figured it best to stay away from the TT. Anyways, after screwing around for a bit and making the saleswomen take out ever women's watch in the case, then a couple from the front window display as well I narrowed it down to a couple of starliners, one with a black dial with diamonds and one with a blue dial without and a colt oceane with a black dial. Having promised my 2-1/2 years old son that he could pick out his Mom's birthday/Christmas present I has her put them aside and told her I would bring him by on the weekend to choose. Turns out my wife gets called in to work (she's a pilot, which is another reason I figured this was the right choice for a watch, so that's her hat in the photos, not mine). So I not only load up my 2 1/2 year old son, but his 4 month old brother and head out to the dealer on Saturday, gong show waiting to happen for sure.......

My son may only be 2 years old but if he's good at one thing, it's picking things out, I put him up on the display case and the dealer takes out the three watches I had put aside, after 30 minutes, yes it took him 30 minutes to decide he FINALLY picks the starliner with the black dial with diamonds (of course he had to choose the most expensive one of the three!?!?!). I could tell the saleswomen was not all that impressed with the whole thing, but I figured if I was going to drop $4k in the store we were going to stay until we were damn good and ready to leave.

Here are a couple of photos of the "goods", kind of puts my old fossil and Smolex Daytona my wife brought me back from Bobo in Bejing to shame.......haha.

Maybe I'll have to get of my wallet one of these days and pick myself up something decent as well, perhaps a Chronomat with a blue dial, they had one in the case that caught my eye……..

Anyways, thanks much for all the good info, take care.

S

Attachment:
100_2043.JPG

Attachment:
100_2040.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:28 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Great story, and great watch for your wife.

I fly Air Canada a fair bit so I'll be sure to check out a female pilot's wrists in future.

Oh, and welcome to BreitlingSource!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:12 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Great Story! It will mean a lot to her Im sure!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:38 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 49 posts
that was a great story! im surprised that your boy had the patience to actually sit in the store whata good kid. congrats on the purchase your wife is a lucky lady. when you are ready go back and treat yourself to something nice as i am sure you deserve it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:45 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
boogiebot wrote:
that was a great story! im surprised that your boy had the patience to actually sit in the store whata good kid. congrats on the purchase your wife is a lucky lady. when you are ready go back and treat yourself to something nice as i am sure you deserve it.

Thanks, well turns out there was a bit more to the story, ended up returning the starliner, wasn't really my wifes cup 'o tea after all, ah well can't win them all I guess...... anyways after a few trip back and forth to the AD finally ended up with this:

Attachment:
fendi-women-quadro-6210.jpg

and a little something for me:

Attachment:
DSC02610-1.JPG

for the same price I paid for the starliner, not a bad day after all I suppose :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:51 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 22 posts
Great story and great airline my dad worked for them for 25 years and so did my godfather