Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Navitimer World
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 18 posts
Hello to everyone at the source!!! I am a new member to the forum and to the Breitling club. I just purchased a Navitimer World on a steel bracelet, and it has a blue dial. Originally when I had got the funds to purchase my first luxury watch, I was looking at the Rolex Milgauss GV. Then I started to debate with myself, because I started to look at the Navitimer as well. I had already phoned some Rolex AD's, and Breitling AD's to inquire about them having the Milgauss and the Navitimer World in stock. I live in Vancouver and the first stop of the day was Time & Gold. This was the first time I had ever been to this store or any highend watch dealer to boot. So my dad and I went in and started looking at all the beautiful Breitling watches under the glass. The first watch that caught my eye was this Breitling for Bently on a pro 2 stap with a display back, and it was nice but not what I wanted. I was in there for a Navitimer. I was originally looking for a world with a black dial, and to be truthful when he pulled out the world I thought it was a black dial watch. So as soon as I see this watch its like love at first sight, and I had already forgotten about going to look at the Milgauss. I tried it on and was like I have to have it. I tell the salesperson that I will take it, and my dad got him to not charge taxes(in future I know now that I have a little more bargaining power when I have cash in hand, so I can save more than just the taxes). It wasn't until I got home, and showed my wife the watch that I realized I had bought the blue dial version, because under the lights at the store it looked black. It didn't matter cause I love the blue dial and wouldn't trade it for anything. I know this was supposed to be a review of the watch, but I guess it turned into a review of my purchasing experience. So lets get to the watch, so the main reason I went with the Navitimer besides it iconic look was that the Milgauss was to small, and I wanted a larger watch. The watch is great the Navitimer bracelet is polished and shiny for those who love the blingy look. The 46mm case sits awesome on my wrist, and has great presence. The blue dial works very well and IMHO gives it a classy dressy look even though its a sports watch. I don't care what anybody thinks I would rock this watch with a suit anyday. I chose the world because it was the largest offering in the Navitimer lineup. I also like that the date is located at 3 o'clock, and the subdials are located accordingly at 6, 9, and 12. This is my first mechanical watch and it took me a bit to figure out how set it, because it was not seeing a lot of wrist time in the beginning. Now I look for any excuse to wear it, and love to pull it out of my safe just to admire it. I don't care about whether there is an inhouse movement in my watch, I love the look and get compliments regardless(that's for the watch snobs out there). I paid 7g's for my watch if that's not luxury I don't know what is.
Thanks for listening!
Next is getting a Super Avenger with a diamond bezel!!!

Post subject: Re: Navitimer World
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
Welcome and enjoy :lingsrock:

Breitling Navitimer LE 125 Anniversaire
Omega Seamaster PO Chrono XL
Citizen Blue Angels
Rolex Submariner LV

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:59 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 844 posts
Congrats and nice choice, I have a world myself white dial and also 4 super avengers all with diamond bezels, awesome watch also can be viewed In what watch are u wearing today.

1 Super avenger night mission
1 Limited edition chronomat Boston Celtics
Navitimer GMT
Transocean Chronograph Unitime
2 Omega planet ocean chronographs
1 Tag heuer Monaco

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:58 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 18 posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! Beautiful watch and great choice in the blue!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:26 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
Welcome ot the Forum.

I have a 2009 World. I really do like the look and the balance. Its very nice for a big heavy watch and suits my wrist size.

Later

Jim

"You have Control".