Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I like it, reminds me of the Submariner

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:02 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Congratulations! It's a model that has some heritage to it so I appreciate it a lot. Looks great on your wrist as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:08 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 2 posts
Thanks very much for the comments guys!!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:46 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Gorgeous.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:32 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 3 posts
Very cool! Do you have any pictures of it next to a CA or other 44mm watch. I'm interested in how it compares size wise. This is one of the new ones that I like but the 42 was too small IMO, just curious about the 44.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:20 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I agree, the 42mm is a very small looking watch. The 44mm does wear smaller than it's dimensions but it definitely isn't small. There is wrist presence, I would guess it to wear like a 43mm watch. I own a Steinhart Vintage GMT which is 42mm but wears larger that it's 42mm diameter due to it's longer lugs and smaller bezel. Sitting next to it they look to be the same size.

I don't have a side by side comparison for you but if I remember, I will try and take one for you. Suffice to say that it looks well sized on my 7" wrist which is wide and flat as opposed to round, so I can get away with wearing bigger watches than a round 7" wrist might be able to accommodate.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:24 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

falcon4311 wrote:
My Superocean 44mm has arrived, I picked this up from an AD in Calgary which is 2.5 hours south of me. The reason I bought it from an AD in another city is the fact that our local AD didn’t want to play the discount game, so I phoned around for pricing but I didn’t go with the lowest price. I could have bought the watch for $250.00 less, but I did take reputation into consideration. Aside from that, they said that if there is a need for service work I can send it to them and they will send it to Breitling Canada free of charge. They will also refinish the watch anytime I want whenever I’m down in Calgary. I also get a free service before the end of the warranty period which is 2 years.

You may notice some lines on the markers around the bezel, they are actually raised SS markers that have a heavy brushed finish to match the brushed look on the watch. She is one solid piece of metal that sports a 44 mm diameter, 16.7 mm thick with a Breitling cal 17 movement. It also has an AR coating on the sapphire crystal. It’s topped off with a screw down crown & case back, 22mm lug width, Pro II bracelet, unidirectional bezel, 2000 meter water resistance, He valve, the reference number is a17391, 133.4 gram head weight, 233 grams with the bracelet. The watch is a chronometer and of course it comes with all of the documents.

As some of you know, I used to own a 42mm Superocean Pro. I found that the size was too small for my liking which is why I sold it. This watch is the perfect size but doesn’t look huge on the wrist, she fits like a dream.

While I am a big fan of the older Breitling models (especially the Headwind) with the all metal bezels, I do think this watch offers a very modern look for Breitling. Overall, I’d have to say that this is one of the nicest Breitling’s I’ve ever owned. If you have been contemplating making this watch your next purchase, I know you won’t be disappointed.

Thanks For Sharing ..............

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:52 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Anytime!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:22 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 174 posts
Picked mine up from local AD on Saturday, it really is a fantastic watch, much nicer than a Rolex Sub' which having owned a couple or three always seemed bland. The SO 44 really pops on the wrist & the splash of colour really 'lifts' the face IMO.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:50 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Very nice, the only 2 colors I was willing to go with was yours and the one I ultimately went with, the orange which looks more like a rust color. Congrats, you are going to love wearing the watch.