Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My review of my BEB.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:30 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 86 posts

So, it has been two months since I moved my Skyland and bought my Blackbird-blue face. Obviously it is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.
First, I have a nerve problem in my wrist. I am 62 and pastel color blind, wear glasses to read.

Comfort: With the ss bracelet it balances beautifully on my wrist. I wear it slightly loose so any swelling of my wrist through the day is not a issue. In comparison to my pro 2, Navi, bracelets this has to be the most comfortable of the bunch. I also feel that the finish is the best I have seen on any watch. I admit that I am a bracelet guy but, with the facets, this is a real thing of beauty.

Face: Some do not like the 3-6-9- sub dial layout but I find it most the most appealing. When you look at the face layout with the twin window date at 12:00 it balances the dial beautifully. As a composition the face of this watch, depth, bezel, keeps your eye in the circle of the face and is balanced. It is very easy to read with the size the hands, substantial lume on the hands and face. Even the sub dial hands have lume so every part of the face is easily read in the dark. With my eyes I can see the time in the dark from the lume without my glasses.

WR: The water resistance on this watch is more than adequate. At 1000 ft. I have real confidence in the ability of my BEB to be a watch for all seasons. That is my major problem I have with my Navi, I do not feel comfortable going on vacation with just that watch. I walk for my back and weight, many times it is raining or snowing and my watch would get soaked. When I take my Navi I also throw in my Steelfish or Colt auto for my walks. When I go with the BEB I only need the one.

Accuracy: Easy, well with-in the COSC requirements. Very good.

So, I am obviously enamored with this piece. It is so very easy to live with that when I do not have it on I miss it. It is not like I am sacrificing anything for work, I wear my Steelfish everyday and honestly I do love it. That said, I started a thread on another site asking "If you could only keep one of your watches what one would it be". I can honestly say, without any doubt, that I could easily take this watch along with my black croc to my grave. It is a watch that fits my life entirely and I would need nothing else.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope I have not wasted your time. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will try to answer them as best I can.
Best health, Frank

2 people like this post.
 Post subject: Re: My review of my BEB.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:52 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 7 posts
No questions from me Frank but a great review, short and sweet and straight to the point, great!

Cheers

Super Avenger(White)

Moved on:
Montbrillant Legende(Silver)
Panerai 312

SOHC 125th Ann. LE(Silver)
Navitimer World(Pearl)
Panerai 441

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:37 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Nice review on a beautiful watch. One day I hope to have one too!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:33 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 20 posts
Great review and a great watch. I also agree that the 3,6,9 dial layout balances nicely with the big date windown at 12 oclock. I have no hesitations wearing my BEB in any weather condition and also agree that the facet links give this watch such a unique look that no other Breitling has. Great photo as always. :lingsrock:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:45 am 
Cult of Breitling Leader
Cult of Breitling Leader

Liked in: 4 posts
Helderberg wrote:

So, I am obviously enamored with this piece.

You should be Frank, it's a very beautiful piece which you had the kindness to share with us in other threads as well. I especially liked the close up pics. And I looove this dial which, IMHO, is much better than the all black.

Very nice review BTW and it covers pretty much all questions one might have on the BEB.

There is only one point on which I would disagree with you but that's just because I'm a strap guy myself.

- This is Ghost Rider requesting a fly-by. - Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.