The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:48 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Forgive me if any of this info was posted before.
I went to my AD today, just to have a general look at watches of all makes. He showed my a particularly beautiful Omega Aqua Terra, which is just new, and has the same movement as the Hour Vision, but a simpler and less dressy dial. Also not the saphire exhibition thing going on at the sides.
We also got talking about the 125th Anniversary Navitimer. He was just at Basel, and told me that he had ordered one, so I can't wait to see it. Also, the new bracelet that comes with it (I forget the name), will only be available on that model. I was kind of fantasizing about how it would look on my Seawolf. We kind of joked, that in order to get the bracelet, I would have to order the Navitimer, then switch the bracelet out.
He had a catalog of some of the new models. One thing that particularly caught my eye, was a two-page spread on the new Colt GMT. It has a bezel not unlike the new Chronomat B01, but without rider tabs. Also, the Pro bracelet is incorporated into the case, and cannot be changed for a strap. It didn't say, however, if a model with leather strap is available as well. I asked, and apparently the entire Colt line will be changed to this design.
http://watch-happening.blogspot.com/200 ... eases.html
Sorry, I see this is also covered in the Watch Blog.
Also, there was a photo of an "Avenger". Not a Skyland or anything else, just Avenger. It had an unusual looking kind of Titanium grey dial, and looked like it was brushed. Also had the current bezel style. Possibly with the new B01 movement. I really couldn't tell, as my time in there was becoming limited after chatting for almost an hour about the new Omega!
I have just sold two of my Breitlings, so will be in a position to get a new watch soon. I thought I would set my sites on one possibly today, but with all the changes coming about in the Breitling models, for once in my life I am going to wait instead of being impulsive. I was all set to get a Panerai, but after spending so much time at my AD today, I realized that I don't want to get one without having an AD to service it. I am not at all impressed with the Panerai AD in Vancouver.
As a matter of fact, my AD had inquired about being authorized to sell Panerai. He was told that due to the limited production, they will basically only allow one AD per city. They made an unfortunate choice for Vancouver IMHO.
Like I say, forgive me if any of this info is redundant, but I wanted to share what, in my mind, was a pretty exciting afternoon.
Cheers,
Carl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:00 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Great update Carl!!

I think the 'Avenger' is the new name for the mildly made over Avenger Skyland.

It's nice to have such a wide choice now isn't it - good luck with your decisioning!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:58 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
I wish I too had a Pam dealer around here I would love to be able to compare some models side by side!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:03 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 0 post
awesome thanks for the update carl!