Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: News Emergency II
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:49 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
So I spoke to my Breitling dealer in Aventura, Fl, and apparently the watch should be available in December. Does anyone know why there has not been any available pieces over a year after the official release? The gentleman I spoke with was very vague on the reasons as to this.

Post subject: Re: News Emergency II
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:20 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 28 posts
See this topic: /viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52323&p=375116&hilit=Emergency#p375116

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:53 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Thank you! :D But I did....and since I saw the last post was back in February, I thought there'd been developments. I just can't find anything else anywhere else...

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:48 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Jetflyer wrote:
Thank you! :D But I did....and since I saw the last post was back in February, I thought there'd been developments. I just can't find anything else anywhere else...

No further developments yet as far as I know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:43 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 30 posts
The watch has been released on the world market as of last month, but the US is awaiting final testing for 2 temperature variances for the transponder battery before it can be set free on our market. We should have it hit ground in late October/early November.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:03 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Update:

Emergency II should be in stores in Europe as of September.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:03 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
Hello,
In fact the Breitling Emergency II is available in the Breitling boutique in Paris, France since July 21st 2014. :lingsrock:

Here is the wristshot of this beauty in blacksteel :mrgreen:

Here is the showcase introduction from outside the shop:

Clarification: the watches are sold in the country of residence of buyers at the moment.
This means that a French Emergency II may be purchased by a French resident only.
The sale of these watches is not yet available in some countries ...

One question: where is the alarm clock? It's the same B76 and the function was available before (ETA Thermoline Chronograph 988.352)
For example, on a B1, The caseback, which echoes the shape of turbine blades, serves as a resonating chamber to amplify acoustic signals transmitted when functions are activated.
Here, with this new Emergency II, Is it because the Watch itself is too big, so we could not hear the accoustic signals?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:46 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Hello again,
I picked up my "old emergency I" from 1998 (E56121.1 and B56 quartz) from a routine service in the Breitling boutique in Paris.
I asked the watchmaker Yohann if I can take pictures of these 2 Emergency models side by side.
It will be a real picture from these 2 watches's generation.
I hope that my B56 (stopped in production in 2011 if I am right) and the Dassault ELT will be maintenaid by Breitling all around the world.
For a Breitling Emergency service eache 2 years, with more than 40.000 watches sold until now, I hope that they will have enought spare parts in stock to repair "old ones".
(or to do the same thing with the Pluton watches, an offer to a new Watch for a fair price: pluton to a new Aerospace SAV Besançon for 1610€ only).

Here it is :

The Thickness from these 2 Watch is visible from this picture, no need to argue anymore....

Breilting Emergency I
E562121.1 (B56 - 1998) - Mvt ETA 988.332
Diameter: 43mm
Thickness: 15.7mm
Weight: 84.9g
Lug Width: 22mm

Breitling Emergency II
E76325 (B76 - 2013/2014) - Mvt ETA 988.352
Diameter: 51mm
Weight : 20mm
Poids montre seule : 140gr
Lug Width: 24mm

=> It means that there is only 55g of difference from those 2 Watch : he transmitter to the satellite and the rechargeable battery, it's not so big, no ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:28 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Hello again,
As I own an old Emergency 1 with a quartz module Inside (B56, ETA 988.332), is it really out of production as I can see over the internet from 2011?
The actual Emergency II works with the Super Quartz movement B76 (ETA Thermoline 251.232) like older Emerceny Super quartz models (from 2002 to now, 12 years nows in a new model lauched in 2013 and available only in July 2014 in France?

As I can see in the Emergency II brochures (booklets), Breitling sold 40.000 Emergency's watchs from 1995 until 2012
- Emergency quartz, B56 with ETA Thermoline 251.232, sold from 1995 to 2001 (production stopped in 2011 from ETA/Swatch group to be confirmed),
- Emergency Mission, B73 with ETA Thermoline 251.232, sold from 2003 to 2008 (still in production from ETA/swatch group),
- Emergency Superquartz B76 with ETA Thermoline 988.352, sold from 2002 to 2012 (still in production for the Emergency II)

Also Dassault A.T. stoppped the production of the 121.5Mhz ELT module in August 2010 (15 years from 1995)...
Did Breitling baught from Dassault A.T. many ELT modules for the 40.000 Emergency watches sold in 15 years and spare parts to be able to repair them for sold watches?

QUESTIONS:
- With a Breilting maintenance each 2 years for the Emergency I, how long will they be available to do it for the Emergency I in quartz (B56 & ELT not produced anymore)?
=> Is there a way that Breitling will make an offer to get a new Emergency I from a quartz module B56 to a B76 in super quartz for a "fair price" or for a new Emergency II Watch ?
(in 2012 Breilting proposed to me to change the B56 to the B76 super quartz module for 2.500€: changing the caseback but keeping my Emergency serial number, is it still available, I don't know)
- With a Breilting maintenance each 2 years for the Emergency I, how long will they be available to do it for the Emergency I in super quartz (B76 still in production & ELT not produced anymore)?

If someone can argue or answer to all of these questions, it would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:48 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
:shock: The thickness of the EII in that second picture is absolutely crazy IMO. A definite "niche" piece if ever there was one.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:32 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Driver8 wrote:
:shock: The thickness of the EII in that second picture is absolutely crazy IMO. A definite "niche" piece if ever there was one.

Hello Driver8,

Could you please answers of give your opinion about these questions about the Emergency II maintenance for older Emergency's Watch with a quartz module Inside?

Reminder:
QUESTIONS:
- With a Breilting maintenance each 2 years for the Emergency I, how long will they be available to do it for the Emergency I in quartz (B56 & ELT not produced anymore)?
=> Is there a way that Breitling will make an offer to get a new Emergency I from a quartz module B56 to a B76 in super quartz for a "fair price" or for a new Emergency II Watch ?
(in 2012 Breilting proposed to me to change the B56 to the B76 super quartz module for 2.500€: changing the caseback but keeping my Emergency serial number, is it still available, I don't know)
- With a Breilting maintenance each 2 years for the Emergency I, how long will they be available to do it for the Emergency I in super quartz (B76 still in production & ELT not produced anymore)?

If someone can argue or answer to all of these questions, it would be great.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:45 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Breitling have committed to supporting discontinued contemporary quartz modules for a minimum of 20 years. They have a history of upgrading quartz to super quartz when required - i.e. obsolete module, unless it is needed the costs will be prohibitively expensive.

For the transmitter module, that's going to be down to Dassault and while I am sure that there are contracts in place there have been no public commitments made.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:00 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Update: the alarm (réceil in French) is available on the Emergency II, but there is no information about that function over the Breitling website itself or books (exept in the French Sales Hanbook seen in the Breitling flasgship in Paris Opéra, in France with its Director, M. François BRAULT). Is this a mistake, an oversight?

Photo Emergency Suitcase II Floor 01 - Watch this ALARM function well with the B76 module although the function is not specified in the sales documentation
(if it was available before from the B56 and B76 quartz super quartz, why this function would it not available?)
We rang the watch in the store, it's not as powerful as B1, but it's still audible :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:47 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
I had no idea the thickness was going to look like that...

I can't wait to try that monster on my wrist.