Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bentley for Breitling
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:31 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
I had the honor to visit Crewe, the Bentley facory. I can offer no photographs from inside, as it was stricktly forbidden. I will add some legal pictures of the 3 old cars in the museum later. I have to admit that I was really impressed.
If You ever happen to have the chance to visite that factory, go for it. The only terrible thing is, that I want a Bentley now, and I know, I cannot afford it...

BG
Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:47 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
I envy you going there. It’s a little difficult to visit being here in Australia, but I know it would be on my list for a trip, if I ever get to England. :superman:

It’s one of those iconic last bastions of British Craftsmanship that survives, and given the right amount of recurrent funding and remaining in front of the curve future developments, it will continue to do so. VW Group ownership has been a salvation for the business and I am pleased that has worked out so well for all. The maker & factory survives and that’s a milestone in today’s tough Auto business.

There are quite a few Bentleys here on the streets of Melbourne, and you can tell the quality (as it always was) with just a close inspection. Would be very interesting to see how their craftsmen cope with the demands of higher production timing and a need to keep everything ‘quality’. I am sure have it worked out and more strength to their arm for doing it.

I think W O would be very pleased with the current range. They are different to their completion, totally British and just quirky enough to distinguish them as Bentleys (VW Group parts aside). 8)

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:56 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 4 posts
I also wonder about the craftsmanship of the AUDI/VW Bentley. I mean out of the factory they are awesome, but I'm considering buying a used Flying Spur and tbh I have some doubts about owning basically a super-audi since they have issues after like 150k miles. I'm ok with the normal british stuff but throw on some german engineering on top and I get nervous, see 03-05 range rover.