The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:31 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
As I went a few days ago to the Breitling boutique in Paris (10 rue de la Paix, Paris, France), I was reminded by Yohann (watchmaker's shop of the Breitling Boutique in Paris) and I was invited to come back and take pictures with the consent of Guillaume (Breitling France).
Photos made ​yesterday night between 6:45 p.m. & 19.00, very fast, thank you for Yohann taking these photos.
Pictures taken without flash, behind glass, because it has no right to manipulate these watches collection. :roll:

Hoping that they will encourage "Parisian" to check it out quickly because the window will be available approximately 2 weeks and after that it will go in others Breitling Shops, Boutique, where for the next one, I don't know...

Of course I have the original size photos and HD for those who request it, via PM please

Guess what, I have 2 of these 10 Navitimer watches (1809 Pizza and the ChronoSlide), great no?

Photo of the window with the 10 watches and the chronoslide

Details of each watch,

Chronological order from the first watch Navitimer with its beaded bezel via the chronoSlide and watch number 8 blacksteel and model LCD Quartz watch last 50th Anniversary ...
Place the photos now

The famous original 806 model, here :lingsrock:

Navitimer refined style Transocean :lingsrock:

The famous Chronoslide :bow: :lingsrock:

Navitimer Blacksteel, very rare model by Breitling (this was the first I saw to be honest)

The only LCD watch of the Navitimer serie (quartz inside)

At least, Breitling 50th anniversary Navitimer watch :lingsrock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:14 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1727 posts
Wonderful pics, thank you !

Just a small correction, watch #2 is not a transOcean, it is a 765 AVI Co-Pilot.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:04 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Some interesting pieces there, although to my eye at least one, and maybe 2 are less than 100% original.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

WatchFred wrote:
Wonderful pics, thank you !

Just a small correction, watch #2 is not a transOcean, it is a 765 AVI Co-Pilot.

Hello WatchFred,

I know of course that the second Watch is not a Transocean, it's only "the TransOcean look" for this Navitier watch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:10 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

confusing, which transOcean do you mean?

and it is NOT a Navitimer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:19 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

WatchFred wrote:
confusing, which transOcean do you mean?

and it is NOT a Navitimer.

The theme is "Navitimer from the begining to the 50th anniversary" for these watches and with a dedicated showcase exhibition with 10 of the 500 special blue 60th anniversary watch (only 4 left now with numbers below 100).
So 10 watches and the Chronoslide and the Quartz LCD watch.

The new "transocean style" with B01 inside I think

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:29 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

would not have thought the 765 Co-Pilot or AVI reminded you of the current TOC, which has very different roots, but now I understand what you mean.

Thanks for the great pics, but even if Breitling puts the 765 in a Navitimer display case, it really has nothing at all to do with the Navitimer line, but is based on an early 1940s chronograph, adapted, you might be surprised to learn, to the design specifications of the French airforce in the 1950s.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:35 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

WatchFred wrote:
would not have thought the 765 Co-Pilot or AVI reminded you of the current TOC, which has very different roots, but now I understand what you mean.

Thanks for the great pics, but even if Breitling puts the 765 in a Navitimer display case, it really has nothing at all to do with the Navitimer line, but is based on an early 1940s chronograph, adapted, you might be surprised to learn, to the design specifications of the French airforce in the 1950s.

Thanks for the explaination WatchFred :bow:

The watch I prefer in this exhibit is the number 8, the Blacksteel one, Never seen one before, as the Breitling staff in France and in the Boutique in Paris.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:49 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Number 8, if I count correctly, is a Navitimer 7806, based on the Valjoux 7740 - a spinoff design of the Cal. 11/12 development of the late 1960s.

The 7806, launched in 1967, was the first Breitling with the date complication at 5 - something that survives on the Navitimer line until today. There was a bicompax version too, the 7806-S, with the date at 6.

Here is the watch that inspired the current transOcean B01, btw., the ref. 810 from 1964:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:35 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Hello again WatchFred,

Watch Number 8 (from left to right, including the Chronoslide in my counting is this one:

Navitimer Blacksteel, very rare model by Breitling (this was the first I saw to be honest)

Do you have some info aboutr this watch ? (As I could not take in hands the watches, I can not say which numbers they have, very frustrating in fact)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:50 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

like I wrote, ref. 7806.

not totally convinced, frankly, these were really produced in blacksteel by Breitling, we have seen 2 or three examples, one in Jean-Michels "collectors" section, one offered - with strange hands - by a seller we all distrust from all our hearts; with good reason, I think.

Nowhere did I find any reference in advertisements or catalogs that mentioned this 7806 version, surprising, frankly.

the hands on this one are definitely not original to the watch or any Breitling of the early/mid 1970s actually look like Sinn - would almost bet the watch carries a 1974/1975 serial number, like many other watches that were assembled from spare parts when Willy Breitling sold off his stock before closing down the company.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:05 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
WatchFred wrote:
like I wrote, ref. 7806.

not totally convinced, frankly, these were really produced in blacksteel by Breitling, we have seen 2 or three examples, one in Jean-Michels "collectors" section, one offered - with strange hands - by a seller we all distrust from all our hearts; with good reason, I think.

Nowhere did I find any reference in advertisements or catalogs that mentioned this 7806 version, surprising, frankly.

the hands on this one are definitely not original to the watch or any Breitling of the early/mid 1970s actually look like Sinn - would almost bet the watch carries a 1974/1975 serial number, like many other watches that were assembled from spare parts when Willy Breitling sold off his stock before closing down the company.

Remarkably good condition PVD for 30 years old as well.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:10 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

below is a scan of an early 1970s Breitling catalog, showing the navitimer ref. 7806 (and the correct hands, of course :wink:)
happens to be French, the complete catalog is here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35646