Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:38 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi

Im looking for some clarification and answers on the Emergency Line...

I ultimately looking for an Emergency Co Pilot but I can’t find them or the Emergency Mission on Breitlings Website so I assume they are discontinued. I just called my watch guy looking for a Copilot someone and he said that breitling discontinued the emergency line. Is there any confirmation on this ?

Any help will be fantastic.

Thank you !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:45 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
dnice77 wrote:
Hi

Im looking for some clarification and answers on the Emergency Line...

I ultimately looking for an Emergency Co Pilot but I can’t find them or the Emergency Mission on Breitlings Website so I assume they are discontinued. I just called my watch guy looking for a Copilot someone and he said that breitling discontinued the emergency line. Is there any confirmation on this ?

Any help will be fantastic.

Thank you !

They were discontinued earlier this year because Dassault was not going to produce the transmitters anymore. That in turn is because of some of the upcoming FCC driven changes. If you use the search function you can find threads with all of the details.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:55 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
Hello,

During a presentation of the new Breitling limited editions and the 01 Chronomat B01 (limited edition to 2000 pieces) in Paris last month, I had some info about the Emergency line.
Dassault decided to stop the fabric of their transmitter in August 2010(technology from 1995).
From now you can not find an Emergency or a Mission Emergency in France (I got mine from 1996, E56121.1 modele) with a new copilot module baught in 2008, (very usefull one for flight times block to block).
An official Breitling representatives told me "off the record" that they were working on a new model for 2 years, and it's will be ready very soon now, perhaps begining of 2011 or during the Salon du Bourget 2011...
I tried to get more information about that but I will habe some more stuff in March 2011 I think with my AD in Paris, Etoile d'Or and during the full overhaull for my Emergency...
And of course updates will be proposed to the owners of previous Emergency and Emergency Mission models to get the new one model.
I made a suggestion, why the actual Emergency model does not have a night view as the B1 (it's very usefull during night flight in a Cessna for example)?
The answer was good question, I will report it to the Breitling Headquarters.

http://www.etoiledor-montre.com/actualites.php?start=0
Here is the text in English:
EVENING BREITLING
The étoileD'or Aron'son thank you for your participation in this evening's inaugural Breitling Navitimer 01.
Your good humor has contributed to the success of this evening.
Find us on Facebook "From Dream Watches EtoiledOr.
And thank you again very soon!
The team EtoileD'or Aron'son

Here is the add I put on another French Forum, all the watchs are present in the store in Paris France, you can go there until 12/12/2010
http://forumamontres.forumactif.com/forum-breitling-f26/etoile-d-or-paris-presentation-navitimer-01-series-limitees-le-18-11-2010-t91263.htm

And the report with lots of pictures (all is written in French, sorry) but you will recognize some watches I hope!
http://forumamontres.forumactif.com/forum-breitling-f26/compte-rendu-de-la-soiree-breitling-a-l-etoile-d-or-paris-t92301.htm

Regards,

Challenger_fr

Last edited by challenger_fr on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:08 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thank you for your reply !!!! VERY imformative.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:54 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 16 posts
Hello,

I forgot that this French Forum needed a login & a password.
Here is a PDF file done by several members for this Breitling Party in Paris in November 2010.
Local AD, Etoile d'Or :lingsrock:

File and picture can be viewed here: (still available is there is at least one download each 30 days),
In order to see this file, no user name to enter, only the password: Breitling
http://dl.free.fr/bOuvolFqv

Regards,

Challenger_fr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:09 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 2 posts
I can confirm, that a new Emergency will probably be presentet in Basle 2011. But I don't know any details yet.

BG
Alien

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:06 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

hi to all members and sorry if my english writing is not on the top :)
my name is eric 41 years old

i have just open an account like breitling's owner (i have a chronomat longitude yellow dial since 1998)

but since a couple of month, i'm interresting about the emergency (electronic dial)

yesterday after a phone call to the bretling retailer in belgium , i have heard something about a new emergency model
the actual model is no more available :cry:

i'm interresting to share info with you all
if i receive somes i will keep you in touch
and i will read this post very currently

if we can continue to share information, it could be very nice
i'm very impatient to see how is this new emergency model

thanks for your help

have a nice day

thx

rickydb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:35 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Now, this is interesting reading, has anyone heard anything more about the rumor of the new Emergency?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:51 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

malfre01 wrote:
Now, this is interesting reading, has anyone heard anything more about the rumor of the new Emergency?

Not a rumour, but details haven't been released.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:10 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Ahh...thanks Roff :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:16 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

121.5 is going out around the world. The FAA and other agencies stopped satellite monitoring of 121.5 in 2009. This means that any ELT using that frequency now can only be picked up by aircraft and ground stations. Since the Emergency was a 121.5 and not the new 406mz digital, it makes sense not to make it any more.

I had my ELT go off in my plane once randomly and I can say that is one of the most annoying things you will ever have happen. All you ever get is a loud "woo woo woo woo" over the guard frequency on everyone's radio's in the vicinity. That old tech was really bad at pinpointing who has the emergency. When mine went I did not even know it, we had to use a handheld radio and walk around a whole bunch of airplanes to figure out who is the one going off.

That said if you have an old Emergency, activating it will not probably not call out the search party, but it will make you real unpopular with any pilots and airports in the area.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:46 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Turkee wrote:
121.5 is going out around the world. The FAA and other agencies stopped satellite monitoring of 121.5 in 2009. This means that any ELT using that frequency now can only be picked up by aircraft and ground stations. Since the Emergency was a 121.5 and not the new 406mz digital, it makes sense not to make it any more.

I had my ELT go off in my plane once randomly and I can say that is one of the most annoying things you will ever have happen. All you ever get is a loud "woo woo woo woo" over the guard frequency on everyone's radio's in the vicinity. That old tech was really bad at pinpointing who has the emergency. When mine went I did not even know it, we had to use a handheld radio and walk around a whole bunch of airplanes to figure out who is the one going off.

That said if you have an old Emergency, activating it will not probably not call out the search party, but it will make you real unpopular with any pilots and airports in the area.

Breitling's argument about 121.5 (and it is correct) is that satellite monitoring was irrelevant because other than in perfect circumstances (unlikely in an emergency) the signal isn't strong enough to be picked up by satellites anyway.

There is more than enough evidence that activated Emergencies do result in emergency response and a number of people are walking around today as a result.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

As my EM is going in for its annual service/overhaul next week (and 6-8 weeks return time) I will see what may come up :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:23 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
Recently, a motorcyclist ran off the highway north of San Francisco on the Hwy1 coast road. He and his bike fell down a steep ravine along the ocean.

He called for help on his cell phone, but he didn't know where he was, and they couldn't get a good GPS fix on his transmission.
They flew helicopters over the area, but didn't find him 'til the next morning, dead.

I think he could have been saved with an Emergency, If he had one...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:37 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

hello to all of you
hope you have good time :wink:

for the new emergency model, belgium's breitling retailer (a friend) told me : we can't nothing expect until 2 years
i new project is born but no information for the moment

ps : i think i go to turn back to a new GMT chronomat
i wish you a good day

Rickydb