The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:30 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
Good evening folks; I need some help with my new Chronomat purchase (under approval). I really like it. Brushed stainless with polished accent sides and rider tabs. Display caseback. Bracelet date and "missing link?" leads to a query on date of the model also. Photos should be shown below, if I followed forum instructions correctly....my first photo post.

3 Questions:
Bracelet is date code W 35 10. Am I correct that it is missing one full link?
Was this model really about 2010 made (which would match the bracelet)?
Should there always be a "Attestation de Chronometre"?

Purchased from very reliable "gray market" I guess you call them, but this AB0111 is an exception as it was sold as new, complete. It has proper boxes, manual and blue electronic warranty card. No other paper. I did QR the card, and Breitling shows it is activated date I was told, and Active, and the proper serial no.

Watch is model full number ABO11110/BA50. I looked carefully without removing bracelet and no date code between lugs that I can see. I feel I can see case edge completely. Limited edition is properly numbered on case side.

So little info available on this model and its date on this site.... It seems to be a limited edition variation of the AB0110, which shows as 2011 to current.....but I do not believe this is anywhere near a current model Chronomat by website, characteristics, etc. I am thinking it is NOS, from somewhere in the 2010-2012 timeframe?

Thanks for any light you can shed, DFM

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:19 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I think the number of links in Pilot may be answered by the "sticky" on bracelets on this sub forum. It shows same diagram I saw somewhere else with 5 + 5 full size links. Though my Pilot is an uncommon 377A on this LE Chronomat, I would think all Pilots would have same length. It seems I was shorted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:59 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

In conversation with seller who talked to a Breitling source, the COSC certificates are not being issued with newer watches, especially if they use the digital or electronic warranty and registration process. I guess at this point unless someone "in the know says different", the missing certificate is OK.