The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:44 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
This is my first post. I have a few questions about this Navitimer if someone has the knowledge and time to chime in, please...

This was my father's watch that he purchased in 1992. It's an Old Navitimer B13019. He had worn it nearly everyday since then. My father passed away, so now I am going to continue wearing it.

I just sent it to Breitling for service, they are replacing the following:

- Inside-bezel silver, COSMONAUTE 81600-24
- HANDS H/M/SWP/REC GOLD
- Galvanic blue, silver subdials, 8/8 SLN
- Crown steele GP 20μ 2N, OLD NA
- Cambered sapphire crystal flat glareproofed both sides
- Complete Service Kit

When I look at this watch compared to other B13019 models online, I see that the dial has numbers on it (1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11), whereas the examples I see online do not have numbers. I also see that the second hand on this watch has the script Breitling B on it, and the examples I see online do not.

I wonder if he had it serviced in the past and some things were changed.

I've read different reviews on Breitling service and I'm hoping they restore it back to original as much as possible, although I'm sure not all parts are available.

Any info on this watch, Breitling service, and my questions would be appreciated. I'm not online every day so please excuse me if any questions are asked and I don't respond right away.

Thank you.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:50 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

It's hard to tell from the photo, but it has the SS body with gold bezel. The watch is currently at Breitling service so I can't show a photo of the back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:49 pm 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 159 posts
Dynpete wrote:
This is my first post. I have a few questions about this Navitimer if someone has the knowledge and time to chime in, please...

This was my father's watch that he purchased in 1992. It's an Old Navitimer B13019. He had worn it nearly everyday since then. My father passed away, so now I am going to continue wearing it.

I just sent it to Breitling for service, they are replacing the following:

- Inside-bezel silver, COSMONAUTE 81600-24
- HANDS H/M/SWP/REC GOLD
- Galvanic blue, silver subdials, 8/8 SLN
- Crown steele GP 20μ 2N, OLD NA
- Cambered sapphire crystal flat glareproofed both sides
- Complete Service Kit

When I look at this watch compared to other B13019 models online, I see that the dial has numbers on it (1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11), whereas the examples I see online do not have numbers. I also see that the second hand on this watch has the script Breitling B on it, and the examples I see online do not.

I wonder if he had it serviced in the past and some things were changed.

I've read different reviews on Breitling service and I'm hoping they restore it back to original as much as possible, although I'm sure not all parts are available.

Any info on this watch, Breitling service, and my questions would be appreciated. I'm not online every day so please excuse me if any questions are asked and I don't respond right away.

Thank you.

Personally, I think it is a mistake giving it to Breitling to service, but since it’s already with them, I guess it’s too late.

The Arabic markers were an option alongside the stick markers. In fact, this has the smaller numbers, which in my opinion is nicer than the later larger numbers.

That reference would have originally had a second hand without the "B" and anchor "counterweight", but I guess you'll get what you get from Breitling.

Original crystal would have been mineral glass, so sapphire is a nice upgrade.

Not sure what they mean by "galvanic blue" in the quoted parts list?

https://www.breitlingsource.com/watch_details/Navitimer_367.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:26 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks for that information - very much appreciated.