The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:40 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
My 2 month old Colt Quartz is gaining time. Over an 11 day period in January, it gained 4 seconds. Over the next 13 days, another 4 second gain. Repeated for a third period. It was worn maybe 10-20% of all this time, otherwise in a watch roll with other Breitlings (mostly quartz)

My other Breitling high accuracy quartz (Colt Chronograph, Aerospace 79362, Chronospace Evo Night Mission) stay right on. They are worn about as frequently as the Colt Quartz.

I did not find anything in forum searches about this. Any possibility of lack of wrist time causing this? Break-in period needed? Other thoughts? I guess I can return to AD where purchased and see about sending to Breitling, but thought I would try you folks first. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:19 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Definitely a warranty job. Lack of wrist time would make no difference at all to a quartz watch, and those sort of gains are huge for a SuperQuartz watch.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:46 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks for the confirmation that something is seriously amiss. It will be headed to Breitling this week. I assume they will agree and make it right.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:01 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Received my Colt Quartz back from Breitling. No charge, warranty. Accuracy seems perfect after 1 week.

I notice item #3 on invoice is "Movement Adjustment". Is there any "adjustment" to Superquartz for accuracy, or is this just a standard wording? I assumed they probably replaced the movement, as that would be the only option, but they do not provide any further info.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:23 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 71 posts
DFM wrote:
Received my Colt Quartz back from Breitling. No charge, warranty. Accuracy seems perfect after 1 week.

I notice item #3 on invoice is "Movement Adjustment". Is there any "adjustment" to Superquartz for accuracy, or is this just a standard wording? I assumed they probably replaced the movement, as that would be the only option, but they do not provide any further info.

Someone more expert than me will hopefully be along, but I understand that you can regulate a Superquartz, so I can't imagine that they will have replaced the movement.