The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:59 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 7 posts
Is this date change working correctly as described?....I doubt it.

In December bought from AD new superquartz Colt Chronograph A73388. They set at store. Worked fine & dates changed daily; until March 1. I need to reset date. Reading book, unscrew the crown, pull out to "position 2" date change position, & turn crown. It acts screwy. Instead of date changing by itself, quickly, the hour hand moves, so every 24 hrs. the date will change, all the while the minute hand does not move, except it is actually slightly "jumping" constantly back & forth a minute or so. Also feels like it is "catching" or "slipping" as I turn the crown.

I got the date changed, click to "position 3",then advanced hands to next days date per instructions to the proper time. Position 3 works normally to set time. I have tried several times to pull out and back through the "clicks" thinking it would fix itself; it does not. Watch runs fine.

What say you experts. No way is this correct is it? If so it's an awfully odd date change function. Perhaps a job for Breitling Service? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:22 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
Ok, there is a ‘do not change date window’ which is 10pm to 2.00am when the date change mechanism has engaged. If you attempt to manually change the date during this window then damage to the mechanism can occur. If you did not attempt to change the date within this window then the watch may have a fault. As you bought new from an AD the warranty will cover this. If you did, then there may be a cost. Take it back to the AD and be prepared to argue your case.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:30 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Thanks. I did not try to change in the wrong time slot. The AD is not close by; 4 hours away. What is the normal procedure on something like this...does AD have to look at it first and they send on to Breitling, or do I just handle it direct with Breitling Service?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:07 pm 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
You can deal directly with Breitling UK by ringing and discussing directly. The advantage of visiting the AD is that they can confirm there is an issue and send on your behalf.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:19 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I may be back in the AD's city in a few weeks. ( I am in USA) I may try to go through them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:58 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I found out today that there is nothing wrong with the way the date changes on my new Colt Chronograph (quartz). The instruction booklet is wrong. If I print out .pdf booklet from Breitling site, it is a different version & more correct. I will try to explain.

The AD showed that pulling crown out 1 click does NOT merely change the date, like you would expect & like the book says. Instead, it moves the hour hand only, and yes, the minute hand wiggles back & forth slightly also, along with a slight "clicking" feeling; you can move the hour either direction. You need to move it the entire 24 hours to change the date. This feature also allows you a quick 1 hour change of hour hand as needed. The background timekeeping of minutes an seconds continue & are unaffected by the commotion going on with the hour hand.

That's the story, and I guess that's why it's good to buy from an AD who knows Breitling.