It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: B55 Connection Issues
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:01 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
Hi Folks,

I originally purchased a B55 back in December 2016 and had issues as soon as the watch's firmware was updated by the app in a much as it disconnected randomly afterwards, notifications obviously stopped as well.

I carried out a full reset of the watch and phone (Samsung Note 4 running Android 6.0.1) and tried to pair again, each time the phone called for the security code that the watch should generate but it never did (bottom LCD screen blank), my phone pairs fine with my car, BT soundbar and BT headset and stays connected to all of those devices just fine.

I ended up taking it back to the AD and they could not get it working with my phone or their Android phone either, I ended up getting a refund and bought a Tissot Solar Touch instead until they get the B55 sorted.

I was in another AD yesterday and tried a B55 again and had the same issue, the manager tried several things and eventually the security code appeared on the watch and I could connect to it, but one again after a couple of minutes the connection was dropped and it kept randomly reconnecting and disconnecting ... even with the phone unlocked and left of the app screen.

The manager from the original shop was supposed to contact Breitling for support but he never bothered hence me trying another AD who said he will investigate and get back to me, has anyone else experienced this issue and if so what did you do to resolve it as I really want a B55 in my life :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:11 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

I can't believe no one has any comments on this <g>, may I take it the B55 does not have many fans here?

Anyway, little update, called at my AD last Saturday and tried 2 different B55s and none of them paired with 3 different Android phones, Note 4, S7 and cheepo smart phone, all of which were running different OS versions. They did however pair with an Apple phone!

Left it with the AD to speak to support again, at least they have a member of staff with a S7 that it can be tested with, it really should not be this hard, if I did not like the B55 so much I would bail on Breitling as their supports seems to be non existent!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:52 am 
Contributing Connoisseur
Contributing Connoisseur

Liked in: 1005 posts
Maybe it's time to switch to an iPhone!! On a more serious note, not many members have the B55 that I've seen, your best bet is take it in to an AD or call Breitling directly with your inquiry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:24 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

MattC wrote:
Maybe it's time to switch to an iPhone!! On a more serious note, not many members have the B55 that I've seen, your best bet is take it in to an AD or call Breitling directly with your inquiry.

LOL on the iPhone, you could not pay me to have one .... well it would have to be serious money :)

I guess most members prefer the mechanical time pieces so I understand the lack of responses now.

A couple of ADs have not managed to sort it and I can't seem to find any direct support/contact info for Breitling, do you have anything you could share on that front please?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:14 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Liked in: 730 posts
I have two friends who own this watch, one using android and one using IOS and neither has experienced any issues. I don't think it's a common problem. Just to ask an obvious question, have you checked out the link below? Sorry if you have, just trying to help.....

https://www.breitling.com/user-manuals/ ... -pt-ja.pdf

Also, have you tried pairing to a different phone? If all else fails send it back to Breitling.

Citizen Eco Drive AT4000-02E (for gardening)
Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:19 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

zak57 wrote:
I have two friends who own this watch, one using android and one using IOS and neither has experienced any issues. I don't think it's a common problem. Just to ask an obvious question, have you checked out the link below? Sorry if you have, just trying to help.....

https://www.breitling.com/user-manuals/ ... -pt-ja.pdf

Yes I worked through the manual on the first day, I have carried out a firmware upgrade and factory resets, the issue seems to occur after the firmware update, having said that when I got the watch it was not charged by the AD so I got it home and set it up myself which was fine.

The app then prompted me to upgrade the watch firmware which went without a problem but then the disconnects started afterwards.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:21 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Well in that case I'd send it back to BUK for investigation via your AD, I've just googled 'B55 connection problems' and nothing seems to come up that indicates any common problems.

Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:30 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

zak57 wrote:
Well in that case I'd send it back to BUK for investigation via your AD, I've just googled 'B55 connection problems' and nothing seems to come up that indicates any common problems.

I did and ended up with a full refund, I also carried out some extensive "Googling" and came back with nothing so like yourself I can to the conclusion this was a rare occurrence.

I still want a B55 hence me pursuing other owners to see if mine was truly an isolated problem, the second AD I went to tried 3 different Androids and non would pair :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:43 am 
Breitling Maniac
Breitling Maniac

Well at least you've had some sort of resolution, hope you are able to achieve your goal at some point. If it were me I'd have given up on it by now.

Seiko 5 SNZG15J1
Hamilton X Wind LE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:46 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Thanks and I am pretty close to bailing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:30 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 36 posts
This is why I got a B50 Night Mission instead. I don't want to deal with the flaky and poor BT connectivity of the B55 which is inexcusable on a watch that sells north of $5000.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:43 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

avantgardetime wrote:
This is why I got a B50 Night Mission instead. I don't want to deal with the flaky and poor BT connectivity of the B55 which is inexcusable on a watch that sells north of $5000.

Fair comment, I love the B50 as well as I prefer it's bezel. I wanted the B55 for the phone alerting side of things but I don't want the full smart watch option.

Having said that the Gear 3 from Samsung is a pretty good looking piece of tech.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:34 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

UPDATE:
I have been pushing for the last 3 months to get a resolve on the connection issue and Breitling are now taking it seriously, it has been escalated and a least 2 App updates have come out 2.2.3 is current as of 07/04/17, but still not sorted 100%.

I will post back when there is a proper fix which I suspect will require a firmware update on the watch ... which should be interesting as if you can't get a reliable connection in the first place you can't update the watch which IMHO will require it to be shipped to service, but I am not jumping to that conclusion yet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:37 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 3 posts
I'm following this thread just out of curiosity and hope that you get it working out in your favor.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:44 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

sose wrote:
I'm following this thread just out of curiosity and hope that you get it working out in your favor.

Thank you, I have certainly put a lot of effort into trying to get it sorted, I recon they will owe me a B55 by the time they sort it :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk