The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:50 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 48 posts
I got this message from BS in December last year after months and months chasing via the AD, BUK and directly to them.

"There has indeed been a new development linked to the transmitter of the watch in the meanwhile.

However please keep in mind that the connectivity of the Breitling Exposace is mainly aimed at setting the watch via the App. The notifications are an additional feature, and the watch remains the absolute master, the connection primarily being intended to improve its functionality.

The quality / stability of the connection will always depend on certain external parameters as well, like the operating distance and eventual interferences."

I think this sums it up, buy a B50 if you like the look of the exospace but don't want the connection hassles. TBH I still love the look and features of the B55 but I can't accept this disregard to sorting the problems out properly. Bare in mind this is a £5k plus watch with only 2 years warranty, quite unbelievable in any other consumer product.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:55 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
I just purchased (2/17/2019) a new B55. Am using a Samsung S8. I am experiencing connection issues as well. I have done a reset, turned off all other Bluetooth devices nearby and can get the watch connected, but the connection drops out after a few minutes. Notifications work for the short period of time the watch is connected, but that is little use if I have to manually re-connect the phone every few minutes. The notification features were the reason I purchased this watch (I have a few other Breitlings as well) but this one was attractive because it is supposed to be a "connected" watch. Considering a return. While I don't mind the cost, I do if it doesn't work as advertised.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:47 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

MikeM85 wrote:
I just purchased (2/17/2019) a new B55. Am using a Samsung S8. I am experiencing connection issues as well. I have done a reset, turned off all other Bluetooth devices nearby and can get the watch connected, but the connection drops out after a few minutes. Notifications work for the short period of time the watch is connected, but that is little use if I have to manually re-connect the phone every few minutes. The notification features were the reason I purchased this watch (I have a few other Breitlings as well) but this one was attractive because it is supposed to be a "connected" watch. Considering a return. While I don't mind the cost, I do if it doesn't work as advertised.
This is a real pity, BS see the notifications as a "secondary " function.

I purchased a Note 9 a few months ago so I revisited my AD to try a new B55 again and whilst the pairing went ok it would still randomly disconnect especially if you walked a little distance (say 7 meters) away from the watch.

It would not reconnect automatically when back in range and a manual link up was required.

"Normal" Smart watches don't suffer that issue based on the few I have tried.

I would get your money back whilst you still can , until BS redesign the electronics and possibly the app to work properly this issue will remain.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:47 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Hi,

I am another user who has purchased a B55 and from the first day I am having problems with the connectivity.

iPhone connects correctly to the watch but as soon as I put the phone in the pocket the connection losses. Watch has gone already 3 times to be repaired but still not working correctly. Each time I receive the watch back from the workshop I find out it disconnects very easily. Starting to think that this low connectivity is "normal" in the B55, but it is really strange they don't tell me the watch is okay and that BT connection is only there for setting purposes. But then, why should they offer the phone notifications if connectivity is so weak?

Now they are offering me the chance to change the watch to another one. Considering going for the B50 but not sure if I want to continue investing in a watch which depends in software updates and electronics, specially in the future if Breitling maybe decides to don't continue servicing electronic / app software. Should I not worry for this in the future? In other words, do you think B50 or B55 will continue working fine in the future? Who will be able to service them?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:51 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

B5518 wrote:
Hi,

I am another user who has purchased a B55 and from the first day I am having problems with the connectivity.

iPhone connects correctly to the watch but as soon as I put the phone in the pocket the connection losses. Watch has gone already 3 times to be repaired but still not working correctly. Each time I receive the watch back from the workshop I find out it disconnects very easily. Starting to think that this low connectivity is "normal" in the B55, but it is really strange they don't tell me the watch is okay and that BT connection is only there for setting purposes. But then, why should they offer the phone notifications if connectivity is so weak?

Now they are offering me the chance to change the watch to another one. Considering going for the B50 but not sure if I want to continue investing in a watch which depends in software updates and electronics, specially in the future if Breitling maybe decides to don't continue servicing electronic / app software. Should I not worry for this in the future? In other words, do you think B50 or B55 will continue working fine in the future? Who will be able to service them?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
The B50 is fine, it does not have an app because it is not a connected device.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:34 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 1 post
Like many others have already attested to I had a short bout with the B55. I purchased it from my jeweler on a Saturday and by Monday I was already in touch with technical support due to connectivity issues and failed firmware updates. Breitling IT determined that the watch had software issues and needed to be returned for diagnostics and repair so I dropped it off to the store to return. Fast forward two weeks later I was told it had "major" issues and would be another minimum of two weeks. So here we are 3 weeks and almost 8k later with a defective watch. After discussing with the jeweler they had breitling send out a brand new replacement watch. Once it arrived at the store for pickup we went through all the setup and low and behold failed firmware updates and dropped connectivity while sitting on the store counter!! My sales rep was furious at this point and agreed to refund the purchase and I ended up going with another brand.

Don't get me wrong the watch aethstically is amazing and I love tech but hate the TV screen smart watch so this "could" fill the niche nicely if it worked. If they ever got it working correctly I would buy one again in a heart beat but at this point I count myself lucky that its gone.....my advice stay away from the B55.

Arcam likes this post.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:13 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

MikeM85 wrote:

I bought a watch in the solution and I had a similar problem and I thought there was something wrong with this watch but later I found out that the app I was using was App Supported.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:39 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

I've had the B55 since it came out. It worked for a bit, then locked up during a software update. Bunch of weird characters on the screen. Didn't tell time. I sent it back under warranty, and it came back working OK for about a month, now it does not connect to any phone, Iphone, or android. I've called Breitling 3 times, even went to their North American Shop near Danbury, CT (I grew up there) and they said they couldn't help me due to Covid. I am so pissed off. As an airline pilot, and now an avid Rolex fan, I've done everything I can do to point a light on the crappiness of the Brieitling brand. Customer service is key, as is having watches that actually work. Oh, by the way, My B1 also does not work. Go figure. I've told every airline pilot I know to stay away from Breitling.