Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:24 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
Hi guys,

I bought my Navitimer World in Singapore during the F1 weekend last month (September 26th) from WoS (Breitling certified AD). I've noticed a few cons about it now and I'm not sure if it could be a temperature problem. The watch was working outstanding during my stay there but now I've noticed the following.

Hand three for measurement in seconds is not centered. It's slightly to the left but still "within" the illumines dot. I thought that this could have something to do with the temperature difference. It was +34 degrees Celsius and 95% humidity in Singapore. It's +9 degrees and 76% humidity in Sweden. Could that somehow affect the dial?

My Navitimer doesn't have this problem, the third hand is perfectly centered but that watch is bought in Sweden.

Second problem is that the GMT dial is also not accurate, it's four minutes behind my local time. E.g when my primary dials turns 12:00, it takes another four minutes for the GMT dial to show 19:00. This is quite irritating. This looks more like a mechanical error to me. Because if I adjust the GMT dial manually it doesn't center with e.g 1, 2 ,3 4 etc. It's always a millimeter offset. I can manually adjust it to center with e.g 19:00 but when it turns 20:00 it's still four minutes delayed. As if it jumped a gear on the gear-wheel or something.

Any ideas?

If this is an issue for my local AD, is it enough to bring the warranty card or do I also need to bring my receipt?

Just curious to know.

Many thanks!

AJ

EDIT:

I've added a photo just in case you don't get what I mean. Note that the GMT hand is centered it's just the angle that make it look otherwise. I will go to my AD tomorrow and have it checked out. I'll post the result later.

Last edited by AJ on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:19 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
When you talk about "the 3rd hand" do you mean the chronograph second hand? (i.e. what woudl be the standard second hand on a non-chronograph watch). If so, then yes it should centre exactly on 12 when it is reset.

As far as the GMT hand goes, the yes that should also be accurate. The GMT hand on the Navi World has caused a few people problems, but I've owned 2 Worlds and fortunately both have been fine for me.

In both cases I'd suggest a trip to your AD is in order. You should only need the warranty card, but if you have the receipt to hand you may as well take that too. Your watch will probably have to go to a regional service centre, but it will all be done under warranty. Hope it all works out OK.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:48 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi,

By the third hand, I mean the big dial which is used to show seconds when you activate the timer. The dial with the anchor.

I suspected that the watch needs to go through a service. Well I don't have a choice then. I hope it don't take too long time to fix it as I love my watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:27 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
I believe watchmakeress has adressed something similar a while back. Before the trip to your AD, let the chrono run for a longer time (few hours) and then reset it again - if you're lucky it'll be sorted out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:37 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

My AD accepted the watch and sent it to Breitling Sweden for calibration. The only thing I needed was the service/warranty card. Now I have to wait a few weeks until I get it back. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:20 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 1 post
Better to be without it for a few weeks and have it sorted out than to let it drive you --> :tard:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:37 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

a question for other navi world owners...

does the date advance to the next day at exactly 12am? i got my world today and while setting up time/date i noticed it didn't change the date until 3am, unlike my b-2 which is at 12 exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:47 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
cxbxax wrote:
a question for other navi world owners...

does the date advance to the next day at exactly 12am? i got my world today and while setting up time/date i noticed it didn't change the date until 3am, unlike my b-2 which is at 12 exactly.

I think it should change +/- 3 min. from the midnight, just like others with date function.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:05 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

thanks bnewbie, i'm gonna manually wind the time up a few days and see if it consistently does that...then maybe bring it to an ad or breitling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:15 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi guys,

I got my watch today. The third hand seems to be centered now however the GMT hand still seems to be a bit offset. I'll run it for a few hours to see if it's calibrated.

Could someone with a Navitimer World check if the GMT hand turns e.g 12 at the same time as the standard hands?

I'm starting to think that the watch is suppose to be like this i.e a few minutes offset. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:59 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

well it's almost 9pm here and my GMT hand hits the next hour exactly the same time as the reg hour/minute hand if that's what you're asking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:29 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

cxbxax wrote:
well it's almost 9pm here and my GMT hand hits the next hour exactly the same time as the reg hour/minute hand if that's what you're asking.

Yep, that was exactly what I was asking for, mine is 2-3 minutes delayed. It used to be 4 minutes (before the trip to my AD). I've returned it again and Breitling Sweden is going to have another look at it. Hopefully they will do it right this time.