Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:49 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi guys,

I've bought a new Navi World, and a couple of weeks later I've noticed that the watch bezel is a little loose. When I tap the crystal it makes a loud click where the slide ring hits the body.

It only moves a fraction of a millimeter, and I'm wondering if this is a common occurance.

Let me know if it's a problem or not!!

Thanks

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:34 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

It would seem that it is not unheard of!

Answering my own query, I hope I'd be correct in saying that they are built a little loose, so that they can expand with heat.

Pheww! I feel I've bonded with the little bugger now. Though I occasionally cheat on it with my old Chrono Evo :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:25 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
Welcome!

I experience the same thing with my Montbrillant Legende and I believe this topic has been up before. That very slight movement of the bezel is all normal.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:17 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

I just took my B2 in for overhaul. I got it back, and the bezel had some "play" in it that i never noticed before. exactly oppostite the worm gear service port (10 o'clock) there is less than a millimetre of play. It is tight in the gear area, with no play over there. used to be tight... now i'm thinking it was dirty before. now that it's clean and serviced, i think it has a little movement. I'm not positive, but the B2 slide rule functionality might be similar to that of your watch. I took comfort in the fact that there is no vertical play whatsoever. just a little side to side. not loose enough to rattle though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:13 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Heals17 wrote:
I just took my B2 in for overhaul. I got it back, and the bezel had some "play" in it that i never noticed before. exactly oppostite the worm gear service port (10 o'clock) there is less than a millimetre of play. It is tight in the gear area, with no play over there. used to be tight... now i'm thinking it was dirty before. now that it's clean and serviced, i think it has a little movement. I'm not positive, but the B2 slide rule functionality might be similar to that of your watch. I took comfort in the fact that there is no vertical play whatsoever. just a little side to side. not loose enough to rattle though.

The B2 bezel works in a slightly different way to the more simply friction based Navitimer bezel. The Navis have no gearing whereas the B2 (and B1, Airwolf, Skyracer and most Bentley models) all do. Slight lateral play in the geared models is all totally normal. The Navi bezels can vary very slightly from being very tight to slightly more free. Again it's all pretty normal (unless there is significant play) and down the tolerances in the components. Nothing to worry about.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:08 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Hi, I just want to add that after my watch came back from service I also noticed the click that you describe. It wasn't there before I sent it in. The bezel is a bit loose now compared to what it used to be.