The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:01 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I have a ladies B Class and have found a Ladies Cockpit watch with diamond bezel that is filled with water. Thinking about lowballing the guy just for the diamond bezel since I'm not sure what it would cost to repair watch.
Does anyone know if these are interchangeable. Forum shows close size, but the Cockpit replaced the B, would it work?
My AD has no idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:12 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Hmmmm, info on whether bezels will fit different models is not often available.... simply because most people don't ever think to try it! Unfortunately I think the only way to be 100% sure is to try it, but failing that you may get a very good idea by very accurately measuring both bezels - both inner and outer diameter, and the height. Additionally you'll need to measure exactly the height of the screw holes too, as that will have a bearing on how it sits on the watch even if the diameters etc seem to be identical. Additionally you'll have to check that the ratchet part on the underside of the bezel is the same too, or else it may just spin freely. Lot to check!

Basically you'll be very lucky if they are totally interchangeable, BUT as you say, the Lady Cockpit replaced the B-Class, so if they used parts from the B-Class in the new design, you may be that lucky person!

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:43 am 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 0 post
I know you are right, the problem is its on Ebay, damaged by water with a high repair cost. He wants a silly amount of money, 0 feedback, and all of that scares me.
All I want is the bezel, I have D model two tone, do not want SS bezel with diamonds. This is but has gold markers so would look good.
So, first I can't touch it without buying it.
Second, don't know how much the guy knows since mm measurements, & accurate ones are needed, don't even know if I am that good.
Third, if he would accept a low ball offer, I will sweat the entire way till its delivered, then continue until its taken apart.
So not a good move unless someone actually knows.
Will call Breitling USA first, but their response could be "need to see it" and I won't buy unless I know.
Hopefully someone else sees this and chimes in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:41 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Zero rated eBay sellers worry me, especially for expensive items.

Unless Breilting USA come back to you with a definitive "yes it will fit" then I'd definitely walk away. And even if they say it will fit, I'd still be extremely wary about buying from a zero rated seller.

Tough one.

Site Moderator