The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:16 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
My NAVI 01 has been stopping between dates. The first time it happened it stopped between the 17 and 18 however the power reserve ran out at 1220 AM. I thought this may have had something to do with it. I was able to reset it to normal on the 18. However on the 20th it was stopped between the 20 and 21 with power reserve left. Has anybody had an experience like this with the B01 movement?

From my understanding there is no "danger zone" while setting the date with the B01 movement. However I still don't set it during that time period and I haven't had to adjust the date for the past 2 months since they have been 31 day months. Anytime my power reserve has run out I just wind it and advance the time forward.

Thanks for any input. I just hope the only solution isn't just to send it in.

EDIT: When I advance the date by just advancing the time the date changes quickly at 1200 AM. The second time it stopped in the middle it was 0520 AM and still in between dates.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:23 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
It's not a danger zone issue, but I have been told by a service centre that it is a known issue with the B01 (although I was told that it was only early ones). Sorry, but the solution is to send it in.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:26 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Thanks. I bought it new from an AD in May. They had to order it from BUSA so I assume it is more recently made. I guess I'll have to send it in.

One last question. I have a reset it an it appears to work normal now. I am currently in China until the end of the year. Would it be better to not wear it until it gets fixed? I probably won't have a chance to send it in until I get home.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:40 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
chinapilot wrote:
Thanks. I bought it new from an AD in May. They had to order it from BUSA so I assume it is more recently made. I guess I'll have to send it in.

One last question. I have a reset it an it appears to work normal now. I am currently in China until the end of the year. Would it be better to not wear it until it gets fixed? I probably won't have a chance to send it in until I get home.

It's not going to hurt wearing it, but it's also not going to fix itself, so definitely needs service attention.