The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:42 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi, I recently purchased a Navitimer 01 Limited and had a couple questions concerning how to register the watch!

The watch came with the original registration card and I have the original receipt, can I just mail the card in to Breitling and be covered even though I did not purchase it and it was probably registered with the AD? The watch was purchased in January 2011 so the initially warranty is expired but I still want to be on record as the owner of the watch. Is there anything else that I need to do now that I have the watch, I have all of the books etc that came with it and will look into getting it serviced later this year since it has been two years.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:49 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
Depends where you are based. If you are UK based, then you can't register the watch in your name as BUK don't keep a record.

I'm not sure of the current state of play with BUSA with regards to registering watches - no doubt someone Stateside will chime in.

EDIT - Just noticed your screen-name, so I assume you are in NYC - in which case a response re BUSA is what you need

The only other thing I would suggest doing is read the manual and familiarise yourself with the functions, and also any warnings that are in there : pretty much everything you will need to know is in there. And just remember to be careful with water - 30m WR doesn't actually mean you can dive to 30m ; it means "ideally keep water off it altogether"! Apart from that you're good to go.

Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase.

Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:55 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Thank you for the insight and yes I am located in New York City so anyone with insight into the policies for the USA would be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:32 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
It's not really a registration in the US - send the card in for a free hat and to get on the mailing list though so no harm in sending it along.