The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:14 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

Liked in: 1 post
Will the bezel from an older chronomat, say D13348 or earlier, fit on a D13350, or 52?

I noticed that the older bezels (even if they're polished) seem to have very small ridges
circumferentially around the outside of the bezel. (Unless I'm looking at fakes?)

Are these ridges typical ?

Thanks!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:33 am 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
Hi Mustang Sqd.

I think by the looks of it, no one has any first hand experience with this one. I have no idea either, but if there is no other thread here that might help, I guess it may take a bit more research to determine if this is possible.

I assume the ridges you are referring to are the small domed screw heads on the circumference of the bezel. They are legit, and are prominent across a number of Breitling styles. I also take it you want to expunge these by fitting an earlier bezel, right? If so, then why not try an Avenger? Similar bezel but more subtly in the detailing and less prominent screws. Not for swapping of course, but why not look at this as a purchase. Assuming you are looking for a watch. Slightly larger size, but not by much, and much better resolved IMHO.

By the way, we have something in common. We both appreciate the Cadillac of the Sky. P51. Stretch that envelope!

"You have Control".

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:02 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
Not a hope in heck that an Avenger bezel will fit, completely different case construction.

The case construction and size is the same between 48s and 50s so they likely are interchangeable, although of course they all have the screws. Not sure what you mean by ridges, can you clarify - some bezels have minute marker lines and some have intermediate arabics (depending on the Chronomat variation) but otherwise they are pretty much identical.