Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Chrono pusher fell off
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:37 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 13 posts
I need some assistance. Fortuitously, I was attempting to start my chrono last night, when I noticed that the pusher would not engage the chrono. The pusher was stiff initially and then gave all of a sudden, and so I thought I'd see if I could pull it out and I did; it slipped off easily. I use the word fortuitously as I may have lost it otherwise. Does anyone have any experience with chrono pushers (i) not working and (ii) pulling off the watch easily.

My 5 year service is at in December of this year but I did have some work done under warranty in year 1. I was hoping to get another 6 months out of it but I'm guessing it's off for a service now.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:50 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
I had a problem with a pusher coming off which is a fairly simple fix, but does require accessing the movement for the pusher stem so you may as well get it serviced at the same time. The additional resistance may be an indication of something else going on in the movement, so again a service is needed.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:55 pm 
King of Ling
King of Ling

Liked in: 28 posts
I think this happens more times than we might think. I have had three pusher caps fall off various chrono watches in the past 3 years. Usually older style watches that are more likely to unwind the pusher from its cap. Most modern watches capture the pusher cap so it can’t rotate. It’s the rotation that tends to encourage unwinding of the pusher stem.

If it was stiff when trying to operate, then I would definitely send it to a repairer in your neck of the woods for assessment. The chrono lever arms can sometimes malfunction and that might make it stiff to use. Lucky you were able to retrieve the pusher cap and not lose it. Hope you did not lose the return spring either. If you ever have the opportunity to take a watch apart, you will usually find some form of screw end in the pusher stem that allows you to screw in tight, the stem onto the winder, but from the inside of the case barrel. Whoever designed this arrangement originally…………………. :guns: Probably the same person that designed spring bars..........

"You have Control".