The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:58 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi all, I have a question if I may ask, regarding the Montbrillant Olympus crown positions. When pushed all the way in. That should be position 1, thats when I can self wind clock-wised (Where I can feel the little clicks as you turn). When I pull it out a little, it clicks and I thought I am in position 2, but when I turn the crown, I cannot do anything nor does it stop the seconds running. When I pull it out more, thats when it feels like it clicks on position 3 (where i cannot pull any further), then the seconds hand stops and then I can adjust the time.

Now my question is, are the Olympus Montbrillants suppose to have only 2 positions or 3? Is my second position suppose to do something or am i feeling an extra click that is not suppose to be there? Sorry for the questions where I am not near my dealers atm for me to bring it in and check.

Thank you all for the professional advises and help in advanced,

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:30 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
The second position is the quick set date function - advances the date without stopping the watch. I can't remember for sure, but I think the Calibre 19 has a quick set date - someone else will confirm shortly.

One thing if it does have a quick set date - never, never, never, use it between 8pm and 3am - you'll damage the movement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:19 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 72 posts
Second position on the 19 caliber is time setting. There's no quick set date and there's no 3. position also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:14 pm 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
bnewbie wrote:
Second position on the 19 caliber is time setting. There's no quick set date and there's no 3. position also.

Thanks bnewbie - I couldn't remember for sure so suspected I might be wrong (again).

So, to the OP - the reason that you think the 2nd position isn't doing anything is because it isn't a position - it's between the two positions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:25 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Roffensian wrote:
I couldn't remember for sure so suspected I might be wrong (again).

Rare times when you are wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:44 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

bnewbie wrote:

Theres actually a click when you pull it out once from position 1. (When pushed all the way down), you pull it out a little....it clicks to position 2... and then when pulled all the way out....its position 3. After work, I actually went to another dealer today and checked it out on another Montbrillant Olympus, its the same also. When I asked the sales rep, she does not know much about it cause the main sales guy for the Breitling and Cartier is gone for the day.

Still scratching my head...

There is a quick set on the Monbrillant Olympus for the dates and moon phases...its the buttons on the side where you need the tool to push in.

Cheers,

P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:41 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

xlogicx wrote:
There is a quick set on the Monbrillant Olympus for the dates and moon phases...its the buttons on the side where you need the tool to push in.

Of course there is, but not with the crown, Roff and I were talking about that option. There are no position 3 on the 19 cal. according to Handbook. Position 1 to manually wind the watch and position 2 to set the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:35 pm 
Breitling Enthusiast
Breitling Enthusiast

xlogicx is correct. There are 2 working positions but 3 physical crown positions. The same thing happens with my Monty. The "pushed-in" first position is for winding. Then it clicks out once and it does nothing. Then it clicks out again, and you can set the time in this, the "second" position, according to the manual.

Can anyone shed light on why there is a middle non-functional position?