The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:43 pm 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hi all, I am a proud new owner of a Black Dial, Black Strap Buckled Mont/Olympus. Even though I was suckered into paying $1,500 more in asia, I am still happy cause I have a bad habit of wanting things asap...Asia cost of Breitlings are unbelievably high)...

Now I have a question if I may ask (did not work out on the search when i used the engine for my question), for all Montbrillant Olympus owners, when the time hits midnight, do the dates, day, and moon phase move right on target? Or some things jump a few minutes passed midnight? Ex. I was moving the hands forward once I got my watch to set the time, the moon phase moved before 12, and then when I moved past 12, i saw the day jumped to sunday, and then around 12:03 or 12:05, the date jumped.....I have read the manual about not adjusting when it is between 8pm to 3am but I did not know when the time was set atm. (Would that mess up the mechanisms also?)

Please help! Thank you all in advanced,

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:59 pm 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

The reason why not all date settings change at the same time, is because it would require too much power all at once, and it would stop the movement all together. So yes it is normal for the different features to jump at seperate times.
The not adjusting of the date functions between 8pm and 3am is recommended, because the "finger" of those wheels responsible for the date discs to move, will already be in the way of the teeth of the date discs, and thus would damage the teeth if you'd try to move those with the quickset features. The best way to set the date functions is by moving the hands past midnight, meaning untill the date jumps, and then you go past 3am and set the day and date. That way you will always know that your not harming anything.

I hope this makes sense, if not, feel free to ask questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:01 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thx for reply. I was 10 minutes to 12am midnight for Monday. And so far the day has jumped to Monday already. I missed if the Moon phase has moved but about 5+ minutes after 12, then it fully got to date of the 21st. I guess everything starts 10+ or - before midnight and after midnight to adjust the dates, day, moon.

Just a little nervos because the AD sales rep who sold me the Olympus is new to it. It was his first that he sold, and he adjusted it for me. (Hope he did not messed it up!)...thats why I wanted to make sure and ask the Olympus owners...thanks

Cheers,

Patrick