The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:33 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Howdy all, I have been a long time surfer on this site and have just bought a Breitling watch for the first time. When I went in to the AD, I was looking for the Navitimer style. But then, there was this Chronometre Longitude that caught my eye, grey dial and brown croc strap. My wife liked it also and I asked how much it was and the sales rep said "4,500 USD" now, i have never bought one before and have not seen this particular style, I believe this is the old style Model A20348. Does anyone know the average cost of that particular watch and also, did she charge me for the price of a watch with the steel bracelet instead of the Croc strap...thats why its so high? It is sitting on my desk right now and I am curious if I should go back to the AD and ask for the price check again...?!

Please help!....I do not wish to be ripped off! But then again....they are a Breitling AD, maybe they made a mistake on the price? Or maybe thats reasonable?

Cheers, thx for all in advanced...

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:33 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 519 posts
I live in the UK where the prices are higher than in the US, but even so that sounds a little bit high for a Longitude to me.

I guess a lot will be down to condition, whether it is NOS or used, whether they are offering it with a warranty, etc, etc, and this can mean that the prices vary a little.

Have a look on eBay to see what price they go for on there. Obviously you'll then have to add a bit for the "AD effect", but it might just give you a "ball-park" idea of prices.

Site Moderator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:42 am 
Breitling Connoisseur
Breitling Connoisseur

Liked in: 13 posts
Seems very expensive for a 5/6 year old watch, last appeared in the Chonolog in 2002/3 with a uk price of £2075 ($4150 at todays exchange rate) if it's new old stock i would have thought it a lot less expensive. Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:10 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thanks, I thought it was way to expensive. I hope I can go back tomorrow and complain to the sales rep. I guess it is also my mistake, I was going for a Navitimer and then I see this watch....and then my hand went into my pocket without thinking.

I thought it might have been a model where it is in high demand that the price was higher. I guess not.....i rechecked the receipt...it was around $4700 USD...that i paid for......not $4500....i guess with that price...i can get myself a more decent model?

I am getting alittle ticked off. I will have to visit the sales rep tomorrow at the AD.

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 18 posts
That's extremely high for such an old watch... consider the secondary market value of that watch is likely around $1800.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:00 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Thx all for input. I actually went back to the AD today and the rep was nice enough to tell me to take the cash back. She said that they might have the wrong price tag or have not updated it for a while. Cause that one has been sitting there for a while now. So I took the cash. But again, it is quite expensive where I am and I am still considering order through web.

But another AD quoted me the Montbrillant Cosmonaute with a black strap (not croc) for $4900....I feel that in Macau, the prices are all overpriced?!

But my mind is set....I will want a Montbrillant to sit on my left wrist. Just dont know if it is Cosmonaute or Olympus and if anyone know the average price at the ADs. It would be great!

Cheers again to all,

Patrick :( :( :)