The Breitling Watch Source Forums

Breitling Watch Information Forums, Navitimer, Chronomat
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:45 am 
Breitling Newbie
Breitling Newbie

Liked in: 0 post
Hello everybody, and really happy to join your group.

Sorry for my english, im french, and im not fluent !

So heres is my watch, a pic that i found on internet :

http://www.anyboard.net/rec/wusimages/u ... _80192.jpg

My problem : less than 1 year ago, i give my watch to the jeweler to make a revision and change the battery.

This step took a long time, and they said to me it was difficult to find the battery for this watch.

I pay the revision, get back nevertheless my watch, and notice 9 months later (one or two months ago) that the digital figures weaken, then my watch stops, as if the battery was again empty.

I return the watch to the jeweler, who after 3 weeks, phones me to say to me that the problem exceeds their competence, and that it is necessary to send it to Breitling SAV (Besançon, France).
It is then that I received a mail of Breitling, via my jeweler, which says to me that my watch is irreparable...

"nous vous informons que les composants du calibre 232 qui équipe ce modèle ne sont désormais plus disponibles"

I try to translate : We inform you that the components of the calibre 232 are henceforth more available

First question : is is true ?

2nd question : of course, i dont have the watch, they keep it. On their mail, they call my watch model 80191, but on the link that i put on this mail, they call it 80192 (internet website : http://forums.watchuseek.com/archive/in ... /t-98.html). But my watch is exactly similar with this pic. And i can read on this website that this watch is very rare... So ? strange...

As which could not repair my watch, Breitling proposes me an arrangement. They keep my watch (which possesses a bracelet steel) and me exchange against the new model E 79362 Aerospace, available in October, 2008. Breitling also ask me to add 1050 euro, instead of the "normal" 2060-euro price ; or -30% on the price of any Breitling watch, limited to 640 euros maximum If i accept, the write in the mail that they will keep my watch.

I add that i dislike this model that they propose to me.

So what do you think about that ???? Is it a nice arrangement ?

Do you think m watch is really broken, nothing to do ?

Please tell me !

And for conclusion, very sad to constat that a Breitling is over after 20/25 years...

Thak you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:05 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 0 post
Dear Raphael

I can't speak for Breitling, but I do know that most watches are "retired" at 20 to 25 years. Unfortunately they cannot hold on to all the part available for every model ever existed. I know it is disappointing, but if you are thinking about getting a new Breitling I would take them up on their offer of the discount. I think it's a pretty good deal.
Keep us posted please, I'm curious what's going to happen!

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:02 am 
Breitling Fanatic
Breitling Fanatic

Liked in: 1 post
I'm sure Breitling are being true and honest with you.
They are offering to send your watch back to you, unrepaired, or,
Sell you an Aerospace for half price, or,
Give you up to 640 Euros off any other Breitling.
Whichever way you look at it, your watch is not worth 640 Euros to anyone unless they can fix it, but Breitling are offering to 'pay' you a minimum of 640 Euros for it.
Its a real shame since you like your watch, but I think in the circumstances they are offering you a good deal personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:13 am 
Contributing Moderator
Contributing Moderator

Liked in: 489 posts
ewen wrote:
I'm sure Breitling are being true and honest with you.
They are offering to send your watch back to you, unrepaired, or,
Sell you an Aerospace for half price, or,
Give you up to 640 Euros off any other Breitling.
Whichever way you look at it, your watch is not worth 640 Euros to anyone unless they can fix it, but Breitling are offering to 'pay' you a minimum of 640 Euros for it.
Its a real shame since you like your watch, but I think in the circumstances they are offering you a good deal personally.

Yeah, I agree.

This is going to be an increasing problem with early quartz watches over the coming years, and I don't really see any other way to handle it. Mechanical watches are obviously easier as many parts can be generic across brands and movements and it's much easier to fabricate parts that can't be obtained.

It's unfortunate that you can't keep the watch that you wanted, but financially I think Breitling are being more than fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:54 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Liked in: 19 posts
I think their suggestion is fair and includes some goodwill. I'd go for the 640€ off another model, as you didn't like the Aerospace. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:41 am 
All Roads lead to Breitling
All Roads lead to Breitling

Liked in: 1 post
Bienvenue Raphael

Since you like the Pluton, why not buy another on EBay? They sell for under €500.

Your only other course of action would be to look for an ESA movement on EBay etc.

Whichever course you take, the fact is these old quartz movements will eventually fail and cannot be repaired.